°REVIEW 5: IMPISH GAMBINO°

Genre: New Adult
Author: kek_lee_writes
Number of chapters read: five
Trigger warnings: sexual innuendos

A mini review
Star rating: 🌟🌟🌟

°🌼°

Is an organized life too much to ask?

Risa's summary: six potential husbands gone. What next?
Nicci Gambino decides to live for herself, for food, and vodka.
But her cousin sends message; her wedding is on the way and Nicci needs to play the role of a bridesmaid.
How bad could things turn out?
Well, with a stack of old flames, a pile of secrets, and Nicci's problematic persona... The answer to that question looks anything but good.

The story begins and I'm right in the middle of a dramatic break-up. I love being pulled into action.

Nicci Gambino is one interesting character with a pretty sharp tongue. There wasn't a boring moment with this one.

The author did a good job at conveying character personality through dialogue and actions. One thing I especially loved, was Nicci's unique take on interior dialogue. Far as I read, characterisation was quite impressive.

The plot I found interesting. However, I failed to find depth in the story.

I expected the connection between characters to be more authentic, but with Nicci's relationships with both Santan and Rumi - and maybe others I didn't read of - it just seemed to be more of a sexual thing. For instance, she meets Rumi and what I get right off is that memory. Is that really what I'm supposed to care about?

I just didn't feel empathy for any of the characters, but that's not to say that others would not.

Finely-crafted descriptions drew me into each scene. Grammatical errors were very few and can be worked on with a simple edit.

The book's cover clearly conveys the story's idea and hints at its genre, it's also fairly attractive. The book's summary I find long but interesting.

Impish Gambino is an engaging read with a fine undertone of humor. I'd recommend this to anyone who would enjoy a crazy ride with a pile of secrets and a good laugh.

🌼 Risa Quill🖋️

kek_lee_writes, please let me know what you think of this mini review.