°REVIEW 32: FORGOTTEN TO FORGET°

Genre: Fantasy
Author: Summer_SKY_9
Chapters read: five
Trigger warnings: none so far

A mini review
Star rating: 🌟🌟

°🌼°

A forgotten kingdom.

Risa's summary: for Jay, life is normal until Tara materializes out of thin air.
Now, life's an uncertain beast, swallowing his reality whole.
Tara tells of the kingdom, Hora.
The kingdom which now lies in the ill hands of Dorogo Hathor and his disciples. Only its true king can save it.
Conflicting realities leave Jay in a mess. Can he reclaim what is rightfully his?

Oh my dear chocolate! I was thoroughly impressed and blown away by the scintillating details in this book.

It was very surprising how glued I was to this book, considering the fact that I was in a constant state of confusion. That tells much about the power of radiant details.

Truth be told, there were a whole lot of issues with this book, from abundant grammatical errors to very, very, very sparse descriptions. But I found the main plot very fascinating. I kept imagining how uniquely this book would stand out as a 5 stars read if it ever gets thoroughly edited and polished.

Sequencing plays a huge role in making or breaking a story, that's fact! You could choose to excite your readers by playing around with time, or following chronological order, but the bottom line remains: do not neglect good story structure. Among other things, this was a major issue in this book, at least, to me. It seemed like the author had all these brilliant ideas and was pretty excited to pour it all out without proper execution, rushed and poorly churned.

I would really, really, really love to read this book again when it's been properly worked on. So, please, dear author, dedicate more time to this work if possible. Make adequate plans. keep good structure in mind, good descriptions, realistic dialogue, plot and character development, too. And of course, grammar.
I found the book's cover decent, and the book's summary, quite confusing.

Forgotten to Forget is a fresh, fresh read with scintillating details.

🌼 Risa Quill🖋️

Summer_SKY_9, please let me know what you think of this mini review.