•Review 34: THE THIEF AND THE GLOBETROTTER•

Genre: action
Author: KeriHalfacre
Chapters read: five
Trigger warnings: none so far

A mini review
Star rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

°🌼°

Surely, he didn't steal a human.

Risa's summary: Baz was a seasoned thief. And Rei Collingwood, an archeologist who doubled as a local badass.
After what must have been years, Baz got roped into another encounter with his college crush. All he had to do was steal from her. That was all he did.
But when the news of her disappearance hit, Baz knew he had to find her before the cops found him; they'd have evidence.
And they sure wouldn't believe he didn't steal a human.

Forget the enrapturing view of the plenary Temperance skyline, and the beauteous paintings on Rei Collingwood's walls, this book is an impressive work of art.

I swam through each chapter, wishing I had the luxury of time to feast on the entire book. The action kicks off at the very first page, the starting paragraphs had me between dripping teeth - trust me, almost literally.

The characters had so much depth, and although, I only read about five chapters, I'm almost certain they're well-rounded. I mean, just a few chapters in and I felt like I've known Baz for a long while.

Grammar was very impressive. Errors were so few I could barely count, those I found being typographical errors.

This author got me to dance with their descriptions, and oh! I danced! Words were beautifully interlaced, descriptions of emotions, settings, moods, etcetera. The realistic dialogue was even more engaging, I felt every scene.

A captivating main plot, high stakes, promising subplots. I really enjoyed reading this book. I found the book's cover pretty. The book's summary I found simple and effective.

The Thief and the Globetrotter is a finely conceived fiction, with just the right action, mystery, and maybe a little romance to keep you engrossed. I'd recommend this to anyone who'd enjoy a beautifully written piece.

🌼 Risa Quill 🖋️

KeriHalfacre, please let me know what you think of this mini review.