°REVIEW 9: TANTEI ASSOCIATION°

Genre: fanfiction
Author: kudowatsonranran
Number of chapters read: five (prologue included)
Trigger warnings: none so far

A mini review
Star rating: 🌟🌟

°🌼°

What do you think of a six years old child?

Risa's summary: there's more to Ranran than meets the eye.
When peace slithers away from the district of Beika, and a criminal sits on the throne of justice, death becomes an unwelcome guest only the fearless can throw out.
To Ranran, a nameless criminal is the bullseye, and there's no stopping until she hits it.

To start off, I loved the cover of this book. The background image, font, and title, they all tied in just right. The bold contrast was indeed very attractive.

At first, the subtle intrigue tickled my fancy, and descriptions were fairly impressive. But when I really started reading though, I couldn't understand a thing; In many areas I had very little idea of what was going on, in others I kept thinking: whom is this character talking to? Who is this character?

Grammatical errors were sprinkled in in fine, generous amounts. There were misspellings, misplaced and missing punctuations, subject-verb disagreements, confusion with past and present tenses, etcetera. These can be easily fixed with a thorough edit.

Little help for a quick, mild edit:

• Use apostrophes to show possession, form possessive nouns, and show omission of letters. However, do not use them after possessive pronouns.

• If a subject is singular, the verb should also be singular. If a subject is plural, the verb should be too.

• Using just one punctuation mark to end a sentence sits better. You may also consider using interrobangs if absolutely necessary.

I found the story's premise unclear. The originality of this piece I found fascinating. It might not be to my taste, but I'm pretty certain its audience would love it even more when it's been properly polished.

Tantei association is an original take on themes of justice, bravery, and the extraordinary. I'd like to read this again after it must have gone through a good edit.

🌼 Risa Quill🖋️

kudowatsonranran, please let me know what you think of this mini review.