Chapter 2 : Kaoru Seta

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

Kaoru's POV:

Fleeting.

It's been the word that I've been using ever since. The word that continued to spark the hearts of my little kittens.

A word that I continued to hold onto, and the very essence of my existence. A word that I solely resonate and embrace with my very own.

...

What does Fleeting, truly mean...?

...

...

...

...

It... is but that.

...

It was thanks to this word, I've had the time of my life. Fleeting has been my super power, and the very air that I breathe.

...

Fleeting, is who I am.

...

"WE LOVE YOU KAORU-SAN!!!"

I snap out of my thoughts, as I passed by the halls, passing by my beloved kittens with their beautiful smiles.

I immediately stopped walking and turned to them, with a smile.

"And I love you too... My Little Kittens~..."

I winked at them, before going back to my business of making my way to the Drama club.

While doing so, I could hear loud squeals back from the spot where I greeted them, and having this much support from the whole place just puts a smile on your face.

Oh, Heavens... I really love my life.

꧁༒︎༒︎༒︎꧂

It was quite surprising that Haneoka has converted into a co-ed. There's this feeling within me that things could get way more interesting this year.

But for this first day, everything was just all the same.

I enjoyed doing another episode of Shakespeare with Kaoru, and everything else was just the usual stuff that happens to me.

Right now, I'm currently sitting along with my dearest little kittens, and talk to them about our lives. Well, most of them actually just asking me to share some more quotes from Shakespeare.

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite."

"She's so dreamy..." A bunch of the little kittens said in unison, making me chuckle slightly and mutter out my signature line.

"Kaoru-san, can I ask a question?" One of them called to me.

"Ah, of course you can... Ask ahead, my sweet~!" I immediately replied.

"You are the coolest, kindest, and most fleeting person! You look like you have every fleeting thing the world can offer, But..."

...

"...Have you ever wanted something...?"

...

Have I... ever wanted something...?

That's one pretty vague question. So many ways to answer it, and yet... I don't know what to say to her.

The question continued to ring around my mind, but I just can't seem to find the right thing to say to her.