I│INTERLUDE I: TIME TRAVEL III

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟ ɪɪɪ ꒱

❝ IF ANYONE IS PUT OFF BY
MY LIKING GIRLS THEN I
CAN JUST KILL THEM ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

An introduction of Numbers Five and Eight [ SPARROW TIMELINE ]

[ age five ]

Growing up in a house full of superheroes meant that your childhood would be far from normal. Training occurred every day from dawn 'til dusk except on Saturdays from noon to half-past noon. Even with special abilities, kids will still be kids up to a certain point. Marcus liked use his excess energy to run. Ben liked to draw. Alphonso liked to make jokes as often as he could. They all had a streak of immaturity in them that came out even when they tried to hide it in the face of their father.

Deianira was just as childish as the rest of them even though she pretended that she wasn't. Sloane was her favorite sibling because she was the least irritating to be around. Today, she hesitated for a moment outside of the fifth sibling's bedroom before she knocked on the door. The blonde greeted her brightly. "Hey, Nira."

"Sloany," she replied easily. "Do you want to play ball?"

"Ball? You know dad won't let us."

A rather mischievous smile formed on the young girl's face. She raised her hand to let a red orb glow above her fingers. "Yeah, ball. We can use our powers and say we're training to practice our control."

Her explanation seemed to appease the other Hargreeves. "Alright. I just hope that dad won't be too upset—"

"He won't be," Deianira countered immediately. "And if he is, we'll just get Pogo on our side."

Her suggestion was met with no further argument, so they went outside to play. They stood several feet apart in the courtyard as the brunette started up her power again. "Okay, so I think that if I throw this to you, you can catch it with your powers. Then you can use your gravity to send it back to me."

It took several tries since Deianira's red ball kept disappearing as soon as it left her hands. Eventually, she was able to keep its corporeal form— and even went so far as to create the illusion of a real ball. Sloane had trouble catching it after that, but she was able to adjust to how much gravity she needed to use to keep the sphere from dissolving once it reached her.

Soon enough, some of their other siblings came out to join them: Fei tried to get her birds to steal their toy, Ben attempted to use his tentacles to grab it out of the air and Christopher used his lasers to try to shoot it out of the sky. Their father quickly caught on to what they were doing but since they were technically adapting their powers for sport, he just watched them from his office window and jotted down his observations in his red notebook.

𓅪𓅪𓅪
[ age eight ]

"Fei?"

The short-haired girl didn't bother to turn around from where she was preparing a meal for her birds. "Go away."

"I wanted to talk to you," Deianira insisted. She stood at the threshold that separated her sister's aviary from the rest of the house.

"Go bother Ben."

"Please, Fei. I don't think he'd understand. I feel funny."

"Go see if Grace can make you feel better then."