15│HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN SCORNED

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ʜᴇʟʟ ʜᴀᴛʜ ɴᴏ ғᴜʀʏ
ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ sᴄᴏʀɴᴇᴅ꒱

❝ SWEET. YOU GUYS
FIGHT JUST LIKE US ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Not long after the Umbrella Academy family meeting wrapped up, Sloane made her way back to the room where she'd left Deianira. While she knew that the Romani woman wouldn't have necessarily agreed with her plan— working with their enemies was never Nira's first choice— it was what she had to do so they could reunite with their family. Sloane just hoped that Deianira wouldn't be too mad when she found out.

Quietly, the blonde slipped inside the room and went over to the bed where the woman was resting. She sat down on the mattress carefully from the opposite side and placed a gentle hand on the brunette's arm. "Nira," she whispered as she shook her girlfriend slightly. "Nira, wake up."

Deianira grunted and tugged the covers up in response. A fond, relieved smile found its way to Sloane's face at her reaction. It was a sure sign that, above all else, Deianira would be okay. "C'mon, Nira. Don't you want to go home?"

The eighth Hargreeves rolled over with a sigh to look at the blonde grumpily. "What's all the fuss about? And why does it feel like I have the world's worst hangover?"

Sloane's lips tugged into a frown. "Don't you remember what happened? Ben led us to attack the Umbrellas—"

"And that weird old guy protected them," the brunette recalled as her mind caught up to the past events. She froze before her eyes hesitantly flicked up to meet her girlfriend's. "Jayme and Alphonso?" she asked quietly.

Sloane's barely noticeable shake of her head was enough of an answer. Deianira's heart sank. As much as she acted cool and detached from her siblings, she did still love them, even if she didn't know how to show it. It had been bad enough when they discovered Marcus' death but now. . . She let out a heavy sigh. "That's half of the Academy gone now. So much for being able to save the world."

The blonde moved her hand from the woman's shoulder to intertwine their fingers together. Deianira used her free arm to rest the back of her wrist against her forehead as she closed her eyes. Behind her eyelids, she could picture her three lost siblings: Marcus, tall and strong; Alphonso, humorous and friendly; Jayme, sarcastic and cynical. Gone. They were all gone, and she'd never get to see them again.

"What do we do now?" she wondered aloud.

The fifth Hargreeves hesitated for a moment before she answered: "well. . . I've made a deal with the Umbrellas. We'll be able to go home in exchange for keeping them in the loop."

Deianira's eyes shot open as she bolted upright. Her head throbbed from the sudden motion but she ignored it as she stared at her girlfriend with wide eyes. "What? You know you're conspiring with the people who killed our siblings, right?"

"I know," the woman replied calmly, though she flinched at the brunette's accusing tone. "But the old man isn't with them. They didn't even know who he was until Viktor recognized him."

She scoffed. "Oh, like that's supposed to make it any better? The only way I'd ever work with them is if we get that guy's head on a platter."

Sloane had expected this exact reaction— from the Romani woman and the rest of her siblings. "How would his death help us, Nira? So many people have died already. . . one more would only make it worse."