18│DIMMI CHE MI AMI

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴅɪᴍᴍɪ ᴄʜᴇ ᴍɪ ᴀᴍɪ ꒱

❝ NOT YET ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Alexa was able to get her boyfriend to dance with her for all of one song. After that, she split her time between the rest of her siblings while he went off to the buffet table. Still, she was happy that she'd even managed to convince Five to even do that; the way he'd held her so closely and how his eyes had widened as his hand rested against her bare back would stay with her for a good, long time.

She was just getting food when Klaus danced up to her. "Heeyyy baby sis," he greeted her in a sing-song tone. "How's it goin'?"

"Pretty well, all things considered. How are you?"

"Oh, me? Pshh, just fine and dandy. Have you gotten a bite to eat yet?"

She gestured to her plate with one hand. "I'm just about to."

"Good, good. Well, how's about after you have a little dinner, you come upstairs with me. Dad's got a great plan that I think would go down wonderfully with some after-dinner tea."

Alexa sighed and turned to her brother with a patient smile. "Klausy, I know that you mean well, but tonight is a night of celebration and dad's not exactly the life of the party. Besides, I just spent the whole day with him— I'm not too fond of being in his presence more."

"I know, I know, I know," he said breathlessly. One of his hands rested gently on her shoulder in a pleading sort of way. "But Lexi, don't you want to have more nights like this? Surrounded by your family and with your loving boyfriend?"

"Well, yeah."

"Then sacrifice a bit of time now to come with me and hear dad's plan out!"

A slender arm looped itself around her waist as she was pulled against Five's side. The boy sent their brother a firm look. "I don't think so, Klaus. I warned you before you left to not let her get hurt. I'm pretty sure that her going upstairs with you would make me follow through with my. . . request, wouldn't it?"

The long-haired man's shoulders slumped. "Fine."

"Klausy, I don't think you're gonna get any of us on your side," Alexa told him kindly. "But I do admire you for trying."

"I don't," Five muttered. He tugged the girl away from their brother to retake his seat at one of the round tables. The blonde set her plate down and made to sit next to him but he grasped her wrist before she was fully seated. "I don't think so, darling."

"What?" He pushed his chair away from the table slightly before he guided her to sit on his lap. She felt her face warm even as she relaxed against him. "You know I have to eat, right?"

"I know."

Before she could protest further, the elevator doors chimed; they opened to reveal Reginald Hargreeves. Silence fell over the assembled siblings as he walked slowly towards them. Alexa wrapped her arms around the boy's waist at the sight of their father and his grip tightened on her in return.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Luther murmured loud enough for them to hear.

Reginald paid them no mind as he passed by their tables. Once he'd gotten a plate of food, complaints rose from his surrounding children as he looked for a table. He finally sat down alone at the far end of the setup. When he didn't make a move to disrupt the party, Five turned his attention away from his father. He cupped the girl's face gently to meet her eyes. "Hey. Forget about him, alright? Now, where were we?"