☆One☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Harley blinked her tiredness away and turned her computer off. She had been working overtime just so she could get the weekend off. It was well needed after the shit storm she called a relationship with her ex-boyfriend.

Relationships never seemed to work out great for her and the last one was no exception. Levi Taylor was the typical boy next door with great hair and a great smile. His eyes always sparkled when they landed on her and she was caught up in his boyish charms and great kisses and hugs.

They had been together for a year before they moved in with each other and 2 years later, she punched him in the nose, breaking it when she caught him in bed with another woman. Harley packed her shit and moved into a shitty apartment around the corner from her aunt May's place.

Her younger brother tried to convince her to move back home with him but she couldn't deal with Peter's constant noise and sneaking out in the middle of the night. Harley had covered for him so often that she was fed up with lying to their aunt about Peter being Spiderman.

Harley pulled on her blazer, grabbed her things, and headed out of the office building and towards the bar she agreed to meet her friends at. Nat and Wanda had become good friends of hers after Peter almost got into trouble at school and they were there to help pick up the pieces. Harley avoided the news and only knew who Iron Man was. She didn't care for the Avengers and didn't bother to learn their names. Peter was annoyed because he was part of their little group, but Harley wanted the trouble to stay away from her.

She pulled her blazer closer to her as the temperature dropped slightly and she regretted wearing her pricier high heels to work. As she approached the bar, someone held the door open for her. She smiled at him and walked over to the bar, ordering a strong drink.

As she went to pay, someone slid over money and she looked up at the man.

"I could have paid for that," Harley said.

The man chuckled, "It's on me. Please, I could tell that you needed a drink. Enjoy it while it lasts,"

"Oh, well, cheers," She said. The man sent her a small nod and walked away. Harley felt her eyes trail up and down his body and she quickly shook her head, "You've just been through a breakup. Behave yourself,"

"Talking to yourself now?"

Harley grinned and turned to see Nat wiggling her eyebrows at her, "I'm the only one who listens,"

Nat laughed and hugged her, "You look great. What took you so long?"

"I had to finish a few bits at work," Harley said, "Now, we can get drunk and have some fun,"

"Sounds like a good plan. Wanda is over her and downing shots like it's her birthday,"

Harley felt someone watching her and she looked over her shoulder to see the man before watching her. He winked at her so she sent him a small smile and followed Nat to the table.

"Harley!" Wanda called out and ran over to her, hugging her tightly, "I was beginning to think you weren't going to come. How are you?"

Harley dropped onto her seat, "Levi won't stop trying to call me."

"Then block his number. You don't need to listen to his excuses," Nat said, "What did Peter say about this?"

"I don't know but I know he wants to beat him up. I told him that Levi isn't worth his anger but I understand," Harley shook her head, "3 years. 3 fucking years of that relationship. I feel like a complete idiot. Why do I let these things happen to me? Am I too nice or do men think that I can easily be walked over? It isn't fair."