☆Twenty-Five☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"What do you think about this one?" Harley asked, pointing out a cot.

"It's pink," Loki grimaced, "Why would you want a pink one?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because we are having a baby girl?" Harley rolled her eyes. It had been a month and a half since she broke the news she was pregnant, and a week since they found out what she was having.

Steve broke down in tears and Loki just smiled. She knew that he wanted to cry but not in front of everyone. Steve was more open with his emotions and Loki was mostly emotionless but he did smile more when Harley was around. Thor had mentioned it once before and Loki magicked up a snake, making Thor run away screaming.

"Why can't we get this one?" Loki said, putting his hand on a green cot, "I prefer this colour,"

"Because I prefer that one,"

"Just because it is pink,"

"No, because it has under-bed storage and it comes with the mattress," Harley said, patting his hand, "Why are you so against the colour pink?"

"I'm not. I just prefer green," Loki said, "A girl should not be forced into the colour pink. She should be able to make her own decisions,"

"You aren't going to give up are you?"

"Certainly not,"

Harley sighed and rubbed her swollen belly, "Are you hearing this? Your daddy is already arguing with me,"

"My darling, I'm not arguing," Loki said, "I am merely stating my opinion...and that your's is wrong,"

"Good thing I find you cute," Harley said, "We could always get white. Saves you thinking my opinion is wrong,"

"I suppose that would save some trouble," Loki said, "You. Get us this cot in white."

The woman who was helping them nodded and rushed off, clearly intimidated by Loki. Harley shook her head at him and smacked his chest.

"Yes?" Loki said, lifting his eyebrows.

"Manners don't cost a thing,"

"No, but this cot does. And so did that Moses basket and the muslin squares, the baby bath and everything else you decided to get today," Loki said, "Remind me why Steve isn't here helping you?"

"Because he is on a mission," Harley smiled, "Are you not enjoying yourself?"

"Can't say I am,"

"I'll invite Nat and Wanda then next time I go shopping," Harley muttered and the woman walked back over, "Hello,"

"It is behind the counter for you. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"No, thank you so much," Harley smiled, "I think we are ready to pay now. Loki."

"Yes, yes. Thank you," Loki said, "It has been a pleasure,"

Harley elbowed him in the stomach and followed the woman to the counter. She handed her card over and looked at Loki who was staring at a babygrow that said my daddy is a superhero.

"You are a hero," Harley whispered and he looked down at her, "Don't ever think you aren't,"

"I couldn't count myself as a hero, darling,"