☆Twenty-Two☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Loki knocked on Harley's office door, "What is this?"

Harley looked up from the boxes she was throwing her things into, "Nothing,"

"I don't think this is nothing. What happened?" Loki stepped into the office and closed the door giving them some privacy, "I spoke with Steve and he told me that your ex-boyfriend has been causing you some issues. Would you like me to get rid of him?"

"No. That won't be necessary," Harley said dropping some books into another box, "I've sorted everything out and I know he won't be bothering me anymore,"

"May I ask what happened?"

"Sure," Harley sighed and leant on the desk, "It was either take him back or lose my job,"

"He fired you? That bastard!"

"No, he didn't," Harley laughed, "He thought that giving me an ultimatum would make me go back to him. He was wrong. Oh so fucking wrong. I quit. Why would I want to work for a man who has no idea what no means? No means no. End of. I won't be harassed by him anymore. I am over everything. I've gotten over the way he hurt me and I certainly won't be walking back to him,"

"Is he aware of your situation?"

"Definitely not. He would think the baby is his and it certainly is not,"

Loki nodded, "Put that down. You can't carry that. Stay here and pack what you need. I will carry the boxes to the car,"

Harley nodded, "Thank you,"

"It's my pleasure," Loki kissed her on the lips and pulled back slightly, "Maybe I shouldn't have done that,"

Their lips crashed together once again, tongues fighting against each other. Harley let out a quiet moan and shoved him backwards.

"No," She said, "Not happening,"

Loki swallowed hard and nodded "I'll carry the boxes to the car,"

He grabbed a few boxes and quickly took them to the car. On the way up, he thought of Levi putting his hands over her and he grit his teeth. The doors opened and he marched straight to Levi's office. He pushed the door open and slammed it shut. Levi jumped to his feet and his eyes went wide.

"What do you want?"

Loki chuckled, "Have a seat, Levi. We need to have a little discussion,"

"About what?" Levi scoffed, "About Harley? Don't bother. Your precious Captain America has already made it clear to stay away from her,"

"You and I both know you weren't going to listen to him," Loki said, walking over to him, "I'm not as nice as him,"

"You-"

"If you ever cause her issues again," Loki said, grabbing his throat, "Everything you have ever worked for will crash and I will throw you under the bus. Yet, if I find you have appeared in front of her again or try to force her to be with your sorry self, I will skin you alive. Your skin will be nailed to the wall behind you and I will make sure that you suffer a long, disgusting and painful death. Harley will never leave your lips again because I will peel them from your body. Your measly little mortal life will come to a very tragic end. Do I make myself clear?"

Levi paled and nodded. Loki dropped him onto the seat.

"Good. Now, to discuss what Harley will do once she loses out on the money she has earned here," Loki said, "You will pay her double, no triple of what she earned a month. For a year straight. If I find you have skimmed money or not paid her, I will be back to keep my promise,"

"I-I can't do that,"

"And why not?"

"This company doesn't-"

"Your money will suffice," Loki smirked, "I checked your account. You are more than capable of paying her the money. So, what will it be? Pay her what she deserves or be skinned alive? The choice isn't a difficult one to make,"

"Ok!" Levi said, "Just get out of my office and leave me alone. I swear on my life I will leave her alone,"

"Your life is mine if you fuck up," Loki said quietly and he made a knife appear in his hand and pressed it against Levi's chest, "Your heart will stop beating in my hand. Enjoy the rest of your life Levi,"

The knife disappeared and Loki walked back to Harley with a smug expression. Harley looked up and frowned at him.

"Why do you look like a cat that just caught a mouse?"

"Because, my darling, I have. Are these the last boxes? Good. Let us go," Loki said, "Hurry up, I don't have all day,"

Harley rolled her eyes and followed him through the office. They were silent until they got to the car and Harley burst into tears catching Loki off guard.

"What did I do?" Loki said, "I must have done something to make you cry,"

"You've done nothing but be nice to me," She said wiping her eyes, "I'm so emotional right now and I don't have a job anymore. How am I supposed to afford the roof over my head? Peter is living with me now and I can't go back to Aunt May. I want to remain strong and independent but things have gone tits up!"

Loki frowned trying to find the right words to say, "I don't know what I'm supposed to say right now. I don't tend to comfort people,"

Harley laughed and shook her head slightly, "Sorry for crying. I didn't think losing such a shitty job would make me cry,"

"You are pregnant, darling," Loki smiled, "And you didn't lose it. You quit. There is a difference,"

"You're right," She said smacking her cheeks, "I shouldn't cry over a shitty paid job,"

"You won't need to worry about money for a while," Loki said, "Levi told me that he would pay you everything he owed you,"

"Loki," Harley said as Loki drove the car, "Levi didn't owe me anything,"

"Of course, he did," Loki said looking offended, "You let him have sex with you and he cheated on you. I suppose he was lucky he agreed to pay triple your monthly earnings for a month,"

"Oh for...Loki!" Harley exclaimed, "What the hell did you do?"

"I did nothing. I'm offended you assume that I had anything to do with that,"

"Loki, I'm not an idiot. You are wearing a smirk,"

"Am I? Oops,"

Harley sighed, "I would hate you and tell you off, but I was underpaid for the shit I had to put up with,"

Loki chuckled, "You are very welcome, my darling,"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────