☆Eighteen☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

There was a deep chuckle coming closer to the room and Loki looked up to see Steve walking in with Harley. He had his arm around her shoulder and he narrowed his eyes at them both. He pressed his lips tightly together and resisted the urge to throw his book at them.

"I'll look around for the best restaurant and I'll let you know when I book a table," Steve said and Harley nodded with a small smile, "I'm sure there will be something on the menu for you,"

"There always is," Harley said and looked up to catch eyes with Loki. Loki panicked slightly for getting caught staring and he buried his nose back into his book, "I'll talk to you later, Steve,"

"No worries. Good luck,"

Good luck, Loki thought, Why would she need good luck? Oh no. Is she not going to be near me anymore?

"Loki?"

"Yes?!" He jumped to his feet, "You called?"

"Um, ok," Harley said, "Is everything ok?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't it be? Are you ok?"

There were sniggers from behind Harley and he narrowed his eyes at Bucky, Sam and Thor. Nat and Wanda were trying not to laugh and he sighed, putting his hands on his hips.

"Can we talk? In private?" Harley asked quietly and he nodded.

"I suppose," He muttered, "Come. We can talk in my room,"

"Try to keep your dick in your pants!" Bucky yelled after them.

"I will feed you yours!" Loki snapped, making him laugh even harder.

Harley looked nervous. More nervous than she had ever been sitting in his room. It made him uneasy. Like she was about to be the bearer of bad news. Loki was used to getting bad news but he wasn't sure he wanted to hear it from Harley. He had grown quite fond of the mortal and enjoyed spending time with her or being in the same room as her. It didn't need to involve anything sexual. She made him feel something that he never felt before.

"Something is on your mind," Loki said.

"Yeah,"

"Tell me,"

"I will. Just give me a minute," Harley said, biting her nail, "Oh and don't even think about looking into my head. I want to trust you right now so keep out,"

Loki lifted his hands, "You have my word,"

"Good,"

"Now tell me what is wrong," Loki said, sitting down, "You know that you can talk to me. Mostly because I don't care for menial things,"

Harley laughed softly, "Yes. I'm well aware,"

"Then talk,"

"It isn't easy for me to say so...so please just give me a moment to gather my thoughts and get my words out,"

"Of course," Loki said, "I can be patient. Despite what the Avengers say about me,"

"Loki?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up...please," Harley rolled her eyes and Loki chuckled, "Ok. So, you need to know that I didn't mean for any of this to happen and I am sorry. I'm really, really sorry,"