☆Seventeen☆

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Steve looked up from his book when he spotted Peter rushing into the room. He threw his bag onto the space next to Bucky and almost ripped the fridge door open. Steve frowned as he drank milk from the carton.

"Peter, use a glass. Other people use that milk,"

"I'm sorry!" Peter gasped for air, "I ate something spicy,"

"I told you not to eat it," Harley muttered and walked into the room. Steve sat up straight smiling and he closed the book, "It's your fault for trying to impress your girlfriend,"

"I don't need to impress her," Peter said, "I'm just impressive in general,"

"Mm,"

"How are you, Harley?" Steve asked, standing up and walking over to her, "After earlier, I was worried about you,"

Harley couldn't look at him and Steve wondered why, "I'm fine. Well, I am now,"

"Good. That's good," Steve folded his arms, "I, um, I was wondering-"

"There is my main girl!" Sam said, swooping in behind Harley, "Have you thought about what I said?"

"Not yet. I've not had the time," Harley sighed.

"Is everything ok?" Steve asked, "If you need anything you can ask me,"

Harley shook her head and pulled her sleeves over her hands, "I don't need anything. Thank you,"

"Oh, sure. Of course," Steve said, "I won't tread on your toes,"

Sam whispered something in Harley's ear and she nodded, looking up at Steve.

"Did...let's get something to drink," She said, "Spidey, tell Tony I'll be back in time for dinner,"

"Sure," Peter said, staring at Steve, "Call me if you need me,"

"I'm sure she will be ok with me, Peter," Steve smiled, "I'll look after your sister,"

Peter scoffed and went to annoy Bucky.

The coffee shop Harley took Steve to was just around the corner from the tower. It was quiet at this time of day and the workers were used to seeing the Avengers every now and then. Steve sat with his coffee in his hands and Harley had a green tea. She hadn't said a word and it was obvious to Steve that something was bothering her.

"Harley," Steve said, putting his hand on hers, "You know you can talk to me. What is going on in your head?"

"A lot," She said quietly, "There is a hell of a lot going through my head right now and I don't know how to tell you what it is,"

Steve nodded, "Then take your time. I'm going to listen to whatever you have to say,"

Harley sipped her tea and grimaced, "I hate this stuff. It's so bitter but it's supposed to be good for you,"

"Why did you order it? You don't need to be healthy," Steve chuckled, "You have a beautiful body, not that I'm always looking at your body. Of course, I do look at you a lot because you are gorgeous and it isn't just about your looks. You have a great personality and you make Bucky laugh which is difficult. He's such a hardass and...do you know what? I'm going to stop talking and drink my coffee. Pretend I never said anything,"

Harley didn't say anything.

"Ok, forget it," Steve said, "I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. I was really worried about you earlier and I wanted to follow you but Sam got there first. Not that I blame him, you are good friends but I was also jealous. I was jealous, that it wasn't me comforting you and you weren't crying into my chest. Harley, I like you. A lot,"