Ch.2 - Friends Last Outing

Thomas’ POV

I was getting ready to head out, putting my wings under my hoodie. It’s not that people are racist with hybrids, I just choose to hide them since they get in the way. Kyle knows my hybrid heritage too, but he’s fine with it, and he would be a hypocrite if he wasn’t, being he’s a magma cube. While I was thinking, I accidentally bumped into him.

“Oh, hey Thomas!” He greeted me.

“He-Hey Kyle..! Sorry for bumping into you…!” I apologized.

“Bruh, we’ve been friends since first grade, and you’re still shy around me? Dude, I’ve seen you accidentally drink saltwater.” He laughed.

I huffed, “Not my fault filtered water and saltwater look exactly the same.”

“Says the one who can’t even see glass!!”

“Hey! Rude!!”

He just laughed, “Anyways, I got somethings for us to do before you move! I’ll miss you though, man, and all you’re stupid and awkward moments.”

“I know, me too, especially YOUR dumb moments!”

We both then laughed, and we headed off to get lunch, then the arcade.

“Hey, fun fact, did you know that before our phones, 13 years ago, people used these weird machines called ‘communicators’ to talk? Bruh, if it was me, I would DIE without watching funny videos on YouTube!”

“Oh, that’s neat… I guess I wouldn’t mind, I’m usually drawing anyways.” I smiled a bit and shrugged.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t be bothered.” He shrugged.

I always enjoy the silence between Kyle and me, but I can tell he has something to say, so I’m just waiting for it.

“...I’m going to miss you. Like yeah, I have other friends, but with you, it’s like… missing a note in a song.” Kyle sighed.

“Yeah… me too, man. But, I know you have people who would help you out when you need it… but come on, let’s not spend our last day speaking about sad stuff! Let’s go!”

I grabbed his hand and brought him into the arcade, we spent hours there playing the arcade games. By the time we were right outside of my house, he was crying. “Hey, hey! No tears, man! This is not goodbye… just… just a ‘see you later’ until we’re older! We can go to the same college, dude!” I didn’t want to see him cry.

“I know, I know…” He sniffled, “Fuck. I’ll miss you, man! You’re like a little brother that I’ve never had.” He told.

With that, I broke and hugged him tightly. We stayed in that hug until he was calm, we said our goodbyes, he left, and I went back inside. I went straight to my room, tears streaming from my eyes.

“One day, Kyle…” I muttered, “We’ll both show people our talents…”

I’ll miss him, but… right now, I have to pack. It’s a 3-day trip and we’re driving, all the way to L’manburg.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Author Notes

Loki: Soo yeah during these 13 years, many things happened to the main SMP. Yeah, more interludes, I know, annoying, but these are memories, so when the last memory plays, Thomas and his family will arrive in L'manburg until the next chapter, mates.