George and XD -Interlude- Love Of A God And A Mortal

George’s POV

In my dreams, there is only peace.
My dreams, I wish to never leave.
In my dreams, I know my love.
In our dreams, we fight the world together.

I was asleep for so long, long enough that when I woke up, I heard that Tommy died. Not just that, but that Dream disowned our love… just for some stupid power.
But my God is my love. He kept me company when the world was too much, he promised me more than what Dream could have ever given me. He was there for me when I couldn’t handle a child’s death, when I blamed myself for not supporting my friend when he fought for the presidency of L’manburg, and so much more. My God was the one there for me, always.

“Hello, my prince~” I heard a familiar, loving voice. His dignity oozed with every word. “What’s going on in that pretty head of yours?”
I snapped out of my thoughts right away, “Oh, hi, XD… just hoping that the school year will go by fine.”
He looked at me with a smile. I remembered when his face was the same as my old lover’s, I’m so grateful that he made a new face, one that I can look at without feeling heartbroken or in pain. He’s done so much for me.
“Speaking of which, my little spore… how’s the paperwork going?”
“It’s going decently. Sapnap is taking care of the physical education, Karl’s gotten all the books organized in the library, Techno is doing well, especially for covering history and english, and Quackity has all his assignments and tests prepared.” I was so glad things weren’t going south in this school since I’ve opened it.

“Right, the president said his son is enrolling tomorrow.” He reminded me.
I can’t believe I forgot, Tubbo did say he wanted Michael to have a life in school. He had to wait till high school because of his accelerated growth… I’m glad that it stopped, he ages normally now. He’s really calm for a 14-year-old, I’m glad that Tubbo and Ranboo have such pride in their son. He reminds me of him bef- no! No. That’s in the past, I’ve moved on. What’s done is done, I can’t help it.
“That’s right. We have a new transfer student as well, Thomas. Although the photo they took was incredibly blurry, and of what I could see, not all the information matched the photo, so we can’t know for sure what he looks like. But, Ranboo said he’d be showing them to their house, and Ranboo’s smart, so I’m sure he’ll be okay if something goes wrong.” I smiled a bit. Yeah, I was actually pretty concerned about the new student, we rarely get transfer students, and when we do, they usually have some problems, like having some record with the police. All this kid’s record had down was that he’s shy and introverted. I already decided to assign him with Michael, they’re both new kids, so they’ll immediately have something in common.

“I just hope that this year there won’t be any wars… or fighting. Maybe just the occasional landlord fights and Karen arguments like the last 11 years…” I sighed softly. Ever since Tommy died, Dream’s tried to start more wars and more conflict with everyone. Needless to say, Tubbo took 2 of his lives and left him running. That’s why you never piss off a father.
“Our distaste for that admin is shared, my prince.” XD shook his head gently, “He won’t cause any trouble anymore. I’m here to protect these families, this country, your students, and especially you.”
I smiled, “Thank you…”
He nodded in response and looked out at the lovely sunset, or, well, I’d hope it’s lovely. I can’t see it properly.
I took out my phone. Honestly, I’m not used to it. It was only 10 years, but going to communicators with complex redstone machinery with specially coded functions to allow you to talk to others across literal dimensions, from having a mini-computer, that can help not only with communication, but with paperwork, and it can keep you entertained for hours. Yeah, it’s definitely better than what we had, but it’s hard to get used to them.

“George.”
I perked up, “Hm?”
“I have something to say to you.”
My expression turned worried, “...What is it…?”
He chuckled at me, “Don’t be afraid, love… it’s nothing bad.”
I still had a few doubts, but I nodded. “Go ahead, then…”
He turned towards me, standing up, leading me to follow him. “George…”
“XD…” I smiled nervously.
He smiled at me, “We met in the realm of dreams, have spent many fantastic years together, and I hope for many more. While there are many Gods, I know only one of them who has ever chosen to be this close to a mortal…” He then kneeled down, onto one knee.
Tears filled my eyes, “XD…”

He smiled at me, “So, may I ask you, Georgenotfound, someone who I consider an equal, can I call you mine? Till the day my domains vanish? The one I see better than my own existence? Will you marry me?” He revealed a beautiful ring, it shined so brilliantly in the remaining sunshine.
All those dreams together, all of them, I chose to be with him… Dream was long gone from my heart after what he did, at first at thought these two were one in the same, but XD… he’s genuine, honest… he’s protected everyone and has kept his words. Tears fell from my eyes as a smile crept onto my face, “Yes, XD! I’ll be yours as you will be mine.”
XD smiled, putting the ring onto my finger, then he stood up and we shared a sweet kiss.

Dream’s POV

"He moved on"tears running down my mask

I got up from the tree that near the school

"He moved on but I'm alone but I won't(haved) regret it I will blow this country sky high"I said running to the forest I met him I regret leaving him and that is true

“He’s moved on.” I spoke breathily as tears dripped down my cheeks, hidden behind the white circular mask.
I gulped and stood up, “He’s moved on. I’m all alone.” I stared at the ground in disbelief, then the anger rose inside me. I clenched my fists into balls, “I don’t regret it.” I lied to myself, “I will blow this country sky high.” I ran to the forest.
I regret leaving him.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Author Notes

Loki: And this one was for my proofreader! I was already gonna add this ship to show George moved on and Dream is still in the past, so this chapter is satisfying to write. Now get ready for the next chapter! Onward now, here, be fed!

d0kld0kl: MY LOVES! MY BELOVEDS!!!! THEY ARE SO CUTE. I love them so much omfg >:(((( I LOVE THEM. also FUCK DREAM HAHAHAHAHA SUCK IT LOSER THAT’S WHAT YOU GET (not the real Dream ofc, just c!Dream :))