This is Your Wake Up Call

He didn't remember falling asleep but he must've at some point because next thing he knew there was someone knocking at his door.

Cole was not a morning person he was as Jay had described to him once "like an overly grumpy bear that had come out of hibernation". Well screw that just because he doesn't like being woken up, or getting ready, or sunshine in the morning when it comes through your window and blinds you doesn't mean Cole isn't a morning person.

He swung his door open and loomed ominously in the doorway over whoever had been sent to the chopping block that was waking Cole up.

"Um ahhh Z-Zane has breakfast ready for everyone" Kai breathed out with a lopsided smile before scurrying away.

Cole watched his red brother scamper away before turning back to get ready for the day. His routine was more or less like this: roll out of bed, try and comb hair, find a clean gi (they had new ones with lighting designs in their respective colors because of everything), give up combing hair and throw a headband and ponytail on, eat breakfast, stare at the tv until actually awake.

Today wasn't much different. The exception being that today he was multitasking. He grabbed his food and sat down on the couch grumbling while eating his pancakes.

Cole wasn't really one for watching the news most of it was just depressing or stuff about them. He also might not like it because being dyslexic mixed with morning brain made reading headlines a bitch. Today's story was something about some new CEO council person approving something for the city.

None of that really mattered for Cole today, he had bigger things going on. They were getting Jay back today.

He had been lost in his thoughts for so long he barely noticed when new weight caused a dip in the couch.

"Hey how you holding up there Cole?" Nya asked with a hand on his shoulder.

He and Nya had a good relationship they were good friends. Nya was part of the small circle of people that made Cole feel like he could really be honest around along with Jay or occasionally Wu.

Cole's eyes dragged across his face to look over to her.

"Honestly kinda crummy." He replied.

Nya didn't laugh at him or make a joke out of it like his feelings were nothing instead she just leaned her head onto his shoulder with a soft smile.

"Yeah, me to. Do... Do you think Jay is actually gonna be okay?" Nya asked but Cole knew the question was more for herself than it was for him.

Cole just let out a deep sigh. "I couldn't tell ya"

With that Nya nodded and stood up tugging on Cole's arm.

"Um Nya? Wanna tell me where you're tryna drag me?"

"Well unless you've forgotten which I wouldn't be surprised by we both have patrol today."

There was a loud groan

"Seriously we have patrol today but what about Jay? Can't one of the other guys go instead?" Cole pleaded but all he got was a sympathetic look from the water ninja.

"Cole I know you wanna help Jay but I think you could use a distraction right now and patrol is the perfect thing for it."

Something inside of him wilted at that but went along begrudgingly.

Patrol is the same, it's always the same seriously it's they the criminals of Ninjago wait until somebody isn't on patrol before they ever do anything. Which was, in a word, frustrating.

"Nya I'm assuming you haven't seen anything either?"

"Yeah that's a negative on any activity." She replied through the coms.