Insulation

Nya POV

"So... Now that we're out of there could you two please explain what that was?" Lloyd asked with a disapproving tone.

"Yeah but uh let's get everyone together and sit down for this one." Nya replied, she sent a nervous glance to Cole but he wasn't in his head at the moment. Cole was still standing at the railing looking at the spot where Ninjago had been before it disappeared behind the horizon.

"Uh Lloyd why don't you get everyone to the bridge I'll be there soon." For a second the green ninja looked confused before catching sight of Cole, nodding, and then running off to gather everyone.

"Uh hey Cole. You doing- um well- y'know how are you doing?"

Cole just relaxed onto the railing with a heavy sigh.

"What'm I gonna do Nya? All of this is crazy!  Jay's entire being got like ripped out of him and now that thing is on a death mission for us. And what are we gonna do if killing Jay is our only option? What am I gonna do?"

"Hey," Nya said "It's not gonna come down to that, we'll figure something out and get Jay back we always do."

Tired hazel eyes met stormy bluish grey in a moment of understanding.

"Now let's come inside and explain things to everyone before they start yelling." Both of them turned to walk towards the cabin and Nya leaned down to pick up the mattress and carry it in.

"You're seriously keeping that?" Cole asked and Nya looked him dead in the eye.

"Cole, I fought a primal deity of pure energy and lightning with a mattress and won. I'm either hanging this up in my room in the monastery or switching this out with the mattress I have in my bunk in the cabin."

Cool just smiled and shook his head as they walked to the others.

When they got there Red, White, Green, and Purple were all sitting down on one couch looking pretty peeved.

Cole chuckled nervously and they sat down on the other side of them.

"Explain. Now." Her brother sternly said.

"Ok so y'know how you said that we didn't have an reason to go back to the storm farm?"

Kai's dour expression didn't change.

"Well we uh found a reason ehhehe..."

At the deafening silence that was the response Nya took a deep breath.

"Look we both thought something was off and we went to go check it out after dark. When we were in there looking for clues Cole ended up touching the core and when I looked up at him I saw the eyes of something inside and whatever it was put a hand against the glass. Before we could even figure anything out though-"

"Ahr showed up." Cole hissed.

"Ahr? Like the experiment guy? But I thought Anthony was the only one at the plant." Lloyd asked confused.

"That's the thing." Nya said "Anthony is Ahr. His name is Anthony Harlem Rose... Not that it really matters anymore now."

"What do you mean by that?" Kai asked spooked.

"He's dead Kai. He explained what he did to Jay but then the glass surrounding the core broke and that thing got out. First thing it did was zap "Ahr" into dust."

The guys looked mortified but Pixal just looked confused. "That still doesn't explain what that thing was or what it has to do with Jay and I need to know as much as I can if I want to find a way to wake him up."