Surge, It All Ends Today

----------------------------

"Dude seriously what were you thinking?!"

"Look I know you're mad but it's not like I was trying to fail!"

"Kai, Jay, knock it off! Today was equally horrible for all of us but don't just yell about it." Zane snapped at the two.

"But it was his fault! You both saw it! You totally could've hit that guy with your lightning and you didn't! Were you trying to get us killed or what?!"

"NO! I- I'm not- just- ARGH! You know what I don't need this right now! You have no idea what's going on with me so just- just- FUCK OFF!"

You could hear a pin drop the room went dead silent and the only noise was Jay's angered breathing before he shoved Kai with his shoulder and stomped down the hallway to his room.

Jay didn't swear a lot or at least... he didn't really anymore now that Lloyd was with them but if you somehow managed to really piss him off he'd unleash the entire dictionary of cuss words on you so hard you'd feel like shrinking or evaporating just to get away.

Something was off about it this time though...

"Did you guys see that?" Cole asked

"See what?,' Kai huffed 'Jay being a total douchebag- OW!" Zane smacked the red ninja upside the head.

"No not that and Kai half of that was your fault. I mean did you see that? Jay didn't spark or anything, he always sparks when he gets that mad. Plus he didn't shock you when he pushed you did he?"

"No... You're right that is kinda odd isn't it? First he's not using his powers when he fights and now he's not even using them when he's not thinking about it what's his problem?"

There was another loud bang and marching as Jay stormed out of his room. Normally it was quite literal, storm clouds and everything, but this time there was nothing. Just an angry auburn marching with a hate filled expression.

"I'm going on a walk." Jay spat out angrily and slammed the doors shut.

Cole's eyes followed him and stayed trained on the door. Zane put a cold hand on Cole's shoulder and he turned his concerned expression up to Zane. "Why don't you go talk to him?" He asked gently as freshly fallen snow and Cole nodded before running out after the blue ninja.

"Jay! Jay! Wait up!" Cole said running over to the boy. Jay stopped in his tracks posture stiffening.

"What do you want Cole?" Lightning mumbled.

"Hey, what's going on with you bluebell?"

Yeah yeah maybe he was manipulating Jay by using a nickname he knew the blue ninja couldn't be mad at but if it'd get him to talk...

Jay let out a sigh and his shoulders slumped forward. "You don't need to worry about it boulderbrain, it's my problem not yours."

"Jay..." Cole put a hand on his shoulder. "You're my best friend in all sixteen realms, any problems we have we can work on together you know that."

Jay turned up to look at him and Cole took notice of the fact that his tired eyes were a lot less blue than usual, more like a stormy grey than he thought they had been before.

Jay turned away shaking his head and looking forward "I don't know that you can help me on this one rocky, not this time... I don't think anyone can."