Carrying Current

---------------------------------------

"Hey Jay, how're you doing?" Cole said gently padding into his best friend's room.

The response he got was a pained moan.

How long had it been since Jay had gotten sick? It was hard to tell, Jay had been sick for a while they just hadn't realized it. Nobody could figure out why either, it's like Jay had just gotten more and more tired before finally after one of their missions he just crashed. He's been on bed rest for the past three days.

"Yeah kinda thought so. Well y'know it's been a while since you've been able to come on missions with us and I thought you'd feel a little trapped so I got you this." Cole dug around in his pocket for a moment before pulling out a small bag. Jay had sluggishly turned his head over to the side to look at him.

"They aren't as good as yours but I figured you'd like em." He handed Jay the small package and watched him open it with shaky hands. Jay's eyes drifted shut but he smiled as he flipped through the blurry photos Cole had taken while they were out.

"Heh heh yur a relly bad photongrapher." Jay breathlessly laughed out.

"Hey don't judge! I'm not the photographer here you are!" Cole chuckled and Jay let out a small laugh along with him.

"Thamks Cole~" he slurred out trying so hard to stay awake.

"You're welcome Bluebell." He smiled back and slowly got up. "You should get some rest 'kay?"

"Mhmm..." Jay nodded and as Cole got up and turned off the lights in the room he swore he could hear it probably a fluke of some sort, his hearing being stupid or maybe it was just wishful thinking but he swears that he heard a small: "Love you." Before the door closed.

Two days later a storm swept through Ninjago and Jay was back to normal like he had never been sick in the first place.

                --------------------------------------

Nya tossed him a bottle of Tylenol. "We're waiting for you before we make a move. Meet us in the bridge in five minutes."

Cole nodded and crawled out of bed. Making his way to the bridge was much harder than he thought it would be, his entire body just ached.

He stopped, hearing voices from around the corner.

"We need to do something!"

"Something like what?! We don't have any idea what to do here!"

"Well we can't just hide in sandstorms forever!"

"I don't think we have a choice! It's gonna keep destroying the city until we find a way to stop it!"

"Well... we do know one way to stop it..."

"Do we actually have to start considering... Y'know?"

The silence was heavy and Cole knew what they were implying he didn't want to believe it though.

"This needs to stop soon and as much as I hate to say it our duty is to the city first and foremost."

"I don't think any of us have the heart to do it though, and what about Cole? What's he going to do if we have to tell him we've decided the only way to stop this is to kill Jay?"

Cole almost collapsed to his knees just barely managing to catch himself on the wall without making a sound. Silently he stumbled away.

                   --------------------------------