Static

The bike was being pushed to it's limits as they raced back towards the city. FSM knows it would never be fast enough to beat lightning.

"KAI! ZANE! LLOYD! ANYBODY! COME IN CAN YOU READ ME?!"

Nothing but static crackled through the com system until finally a voice broke through.

"Cole- crzzzzt- that -bzzzzzt- you?"

"Yeah it's me I'm with Nya now there's no time to explain! Get Pixal and Jay's body on to the bounty and get out of the city NOW."

"Crrrkkkt- Cole what- crzzt- why would- bzzrrt- ?"

"JUST DO IT!" He hollered through the mic.
"Nya! What's the situation with Pixal?"

"I don't know she's not responding to her line!"

Cole swore under his breath and sped up even more.

Shouting came through the line again "Cole- bzzzzzz- we're on the bounty- craccck- sending location!"

Cole looked down to the screen on his bike, sure enough it had lit up with colored dots in certain locations. Cole quickly changed their course turning and gunning for the fastest path to the bounty.

There was rumbling behind them in the distance towards Ninjago but Cole didn't look back. He had to get to Jay and the others they were the most important thing right now. Besides if Rose was right Lightning wouldn't stop until it had killed Jay and Cole couldn't let that happen.

He couldn't even imagine losing Jay like that, killed by his own twisted up spirit. Cole shuddered no he couldn't let that happen he wasn't going to let that happen. Not to mention if it did then what? They'd have to find some kid that had inherited the lightning spirit? Cole would have to look in those deep blue eyes knowing that Jay died for them? Help train a kid so they could control the spirit that murdered the best friend he was pretty sure he was in love with?

No. Cole was gonna fix this.

He had to.

-------------------------------------

"Jay? You in here?"

"Cole! Over here!"

Another mission landed them here. It might be rare but it wasn't unusual for one of them to get captured.

Rushing down the hallway he eventually came to the door he thought he heard Jay behind. The door didn't stay on it's hinges for very long.

"Jay? are you- woah."

"Ha ha I know just help me out here please?"

Jay was there alright but his means of containment were a little... Odd. Silicone molds were cast over his hands and feet with his arms chained up to the ceiling. He looked like he was wearing giant squishy gloves and boots.

"Uhhh"

"Yes Cole it looks stupid but it's the situation I'm in for right now so would you please just HELP ME!"

"Uh right right yeah" he muttered running over and prying the chains down and attempting to tear the silicone off.

Attempting being the key word.

Apparently silicone is not an easy thing to tear or get a grip on. Jay looked mildly frustrated at the fact that Cole wasn't successful before just sighed.

"And I suppose you only have your hammer on you and not anything sharp?"

"Hehehe yeeeah" Cole laughed nervously.