8.

Thomas felt that class seemed to drag an excoriating amount. Biology was next, the one class Thomas had with none of his friends. Thomas shuffled to the back of the class; to avoid any glances from prying teenagers. Thomas took some pointers from Newt; Thomas engulfed his face into his textbook. A thud awoke Thomas from his Biology digest, swinging his head he looked to find the one person he didn't want to see, Gally.

"So, Spider-Man hey. Never thought a Greenie like you could know such a guy?" Gally snickered.

Thomas always knew that Gally was a bad guy. Not in the sense of sleeping with other people, not in the sense of breaking people's hearts, not in the sense of beating people up daily; he was an alright guy to everyone, a people person you could say. Thomas never understood Gally's hatred towards him, and if Thomas had done something, he didn't have the strength to remember or the care to remember either. Gally was your typical 'jock' type, broad in stature, square face with sharp brows; something out of a 90s high school flix.

"Yeah, wild" Thomas agreed.

"I wanted to ask, Newt, does he talk about me? He probably doesn't, does he? I mean of course he does-" Gally stuttered.

As Gally fumbled his words, Thomas's hearing faded. Gally was embarrassed, of which Thoams had never seen; he was always so well kept in all aspects. Thomas thought to himself that all the nagging Gally did wasn't to annoy Newt, but to actually engage in conversation. Gally was a dunce that didn't know how to have a normal conversation without annoying the individual in his presence, it was almost endearing.

"No. Newt doesn't talk about you sorry. I mean he doesn't talk much of anything. Mainly he talks about world issues or the current book he's reading" Thomas interrupted while shrugging.

"Oh... what book is he reading at the moment, Greenie?" Gally interjected.

Thomas pondered the question. Should he declose the book Newt was reading, making an 'in' for Gally which would subsequently create a way for Newt and Gally to get closer. Thomas didn't want to be rude or lie, so Thomas does what he does best.

"Newt's reading a book on The Civil Rights Movement, he says it's a good read" Thomas states, a sinking feeling started to pool in his stomach.

"Oh, I think I've read that. It's a good read" Gally said matter of factly. Thomas was gobsmacked. "Yes Greenie, I do read sometimes" Gally concluded.

"I didn't say anything" Thomas muttered.

"You didn't have to Greenie" Gally huffed.

Biology class ended in no time. Thomas's mind wasn't as chaotic as it had been. His thoughts seemed to only focus on one thing and one thing only.

Could Newt truly fall for Gally?

Deep within the outskirts of the city was an inconspicuous warehouse covered in graffiti, not a soul found in sight. The deep rumbling of a jet slowly approached the warehouse. A giant mechanical roof opened letting the ominous jet land. Deep silver wings covered in camouflage held up a man covered in 60s jetter attire.

"What did I say about throwing the merchandise on the floor!" A woman yelled over the lulling sound of the winged jet.

"Honey! Business is good" exclaimed the winged vulture. "Don't worry your pretty head over it, hmm" the man lulled towards his partner.

"Anything new from that Spider-Man?" The woman asked after kissing the man's cheek.

"Nothing yet my dear, nothing yet" the man slowly told the woman.

"I'm worried Toomes" the woman stated moving away from her partner.

"Don't be my dear. With your brain and my skill we'll be fine. We've been doing this business for 7 years, nothing can stop us" The man explained eloquently.

The woman nodded, going back to her work station. The man turned to his team, smirking.

"Business is good boys!" the man cheered which was followed by the rest of the team to erupt into cheer. Walking to his partner he leaned down towards her.

"Find a way to get rid of that spider for me, my dear. No loose strings" The man whispered.

"Yes, dear" the woman responded while pushing her blonde hair behind her shoulders.