11.

(Author Note: The song suggested for this chapter is "Enchanted - Taylor Swift. Hope you enjoy it!)

Thomas didn't know what he was doing? This was completely and utterly stupid. Sitting on the roof next door to the party, he had a perfect view to look in on the party. The peaceful fresh air outdoors juxtaposed the bustling party, couples making out in secret, people laughing, people dancing, jealousy, rage, happiness and bliss. Taking his clothes off in a rushful action he slipped his mask on; Thomas swung to an open window. Climbing the ceiling he slowly descended down the ceiling with a web fluidly coming from his wrist. Stopping upside down behind Gally, Thomas touched his shoulder. Gally turned around lazily; Drunk, Thomas thought. The sheer shock on Gally's face was priceless, Thomas was glad.

"Thomas told me there was a party going on. Said that I should make an appearance" Thomas stated. Besides Gally's shocked face and everyone's disbelief there was one person who's emotion was not disbelief, but recognition.

Newt tilted his head towards Spider-Man. Newt felt like he knew him, like deja vu; like seeing someone in a dream and then seeing them in real life, a blur of a face but with familiarity. Newt had to admit, seeing Spider-Man in the flesh made him starstruck.

Thomas saw Newt's eyes glisten with admiration; Newt couldn't keep his eyes off Thomas. Thomas had an idea and it was probably stupid.

"I have an idea. One lucky person gets to have a swing around the city with me. Who wants to have a ride?" Thomas asked the crowd of the party.

Hands shot up in the air, screams were called. Thomas had never seen something so weird in his life. Thomas looked around the room to add effect. Once his eyes landed on Newt's eyes, Thomas pointed.

"What about you?" Thomas stated while dropping to the floor to extend his hand.

Gally came bounding over and slapped a hand on Newt's shoulder. Thomas didn't like that very much.

"He'd love that!" Gally beamed.

"I guess" Newt shrugged.

Newt extended his hand to Thomas. Slipping his hands into Thomas's, a zap shot up both the boy's hands; weird they both thought. 

"What might your name be?" Thomas asked.

Newt blushed. "Newt"

"Well, Newt, it's lovely to meet you" Thomas concluded. "Now, I'm going to ask you to wrap your arms around my neck and to have your legs wrapped around my waist. Can you do that?"

Newt nodded. Once outside; Newt wrapped his arms slowly around Thomas's neck, too close, Thomas thought. Newt finished by wrapping his legs securely around Thomas's waist, way too close, Thomas thought while taking a deep breath.

"You ready?" Thomas asked. Newt nodded while biting his lip.

"You aren't going to drop me, are you?" Newt enquired.

"Of course not. Wouldn't be much of a hero if I dropped a civilian now would I?" Thomas stated, giving Newt a little chuckle.

"Could you count down for me, please?" Newt asked.

Thomas nodded. "3... 2... 1..."

Swinging into the air, all the oxygen left Newt's body. Newt had never felt more alive; soaring through the sky at such a speed was a rush. The wind was pushing all of Newt's hair out of his face and the largest smile was plastered on Newt's face. This was one of the best days of his life, Newt thought. Thomas couldn't stop the fluttering feeling he got seeing Newt so blissful. Swinging to a different building, Newt screamed with glee while gripping onto Thomas stronger. Thomas had to give it to Newt for having such a strong grip. Swinging to another building Newt's face got closer to Thomas's, Thomas could feel Newt's breath on his face which left a small blush to spread across Thomas's face.

Swinging to another building, Newt seemed at peace; he had his eyes closed and had a small smile on his face, breathtaking, Thomas thought. Swinging back to the house party both boys felt a sinking feeling in their stomach, they both didn't want this to end. Landing gracefully Thomas landed in front of the house to everyone's applause. Thomas could only focus on one person and only one person, Newt Jones; the loveable quiet kid who snuck into his bedroom window at just the age of 10 to show him a caterpillar he caught outside Thomas's window, kids are weird like that sometimes.

BANG!

Thomas was cut short of his daydream to the sound of an explosion going off which produced blue smoke. That's not good, Thomas thought.

"Thank you everyone! But I have to go!" Thomas said while swinging off. 

"How was it Newt?"Gally quizzed.

"It...It was amazing.. It was good" Newt stuttered.

"You're so lucky! I wished he'd picked me" Gally pouted.

"Maybe next time?" Newt concluded.

"Maybe... Want a drink?" Gally asked.

"Yes, that would be lovely" Newt said, a little dazed.

Newt's heart had not stopped beating heavily since he was dropped off by Spider-Man. He felt flushed and dazed, he felt like little butterflies were fluttering around his stomach. Newt was awestruck. Newt still could not shake the feeling of knowing that masked man, something in his brain was screaming a name over and over again; it couldn't be? Could it?

Tommy?