21.

(Before we get into this chapter I want y'all to guess what the outcome of this book is going to be. The fic is slowly coming to a close and I just want to say how grateful I am at all the support for this book, it truly warms my heart. Should this book end in angst or should this book have a happy ending- leave a comment for what I should do. See you guys in the next chapter!)

The bell rang signaling the end of school as Thomas walked up to Newt while he was at his locker putting books away "Hey Newt, did you wanna come over to my house? We could finish what we started this morning?" Thomas asked while wiggling his eyebrows.

Newt rolled his eyes and giggled "Unfortunately for both of us I have an essay I have to write, maybe tomorrow? Don't you also have to see Teresa tonight?"

Thomas groaned "Yes, but spending time with you seems like such a better idea"

"You have all the time in the world to spend time with me, Tommy" Newt smiled fondly, leaning down to kiss Thomas's forehead.

Thomas grumbly stated "I hate how much taller you are than me"

"I hate how if you really wanted to you could lift me up and throw me like it was nothing" Newt jokes.

Thomas giggled "I could do that even if I wasn't super"

Newt clutched his heart and gasped "How dare you?!"

"You love it, secretly" Thomas smirked

Newt grabbed Thomas's waist and pulled him closer, Newt leaned down slightly so he was inches away from Thomas's face and whispered "Our little secret, aye?"

Thomas gulped and drifted his eyes to Newt's lips "Of course"

Newt leaned back and giggled at Thomas "You're so red!"

Thomas's face bursted into complete shock "No it's not!"

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is"

"No it's not"

"Yes it is"

"No it's- Oh fuck it" Thomas grabbed Newt's face and kissed him deeply, all the air left Newt's lungs. Thomas pulled back and looked directly into Newt's hooded eyes "No. It's. Not"

"S-s-s-sure" Newt gulped.

"Let's get out of here, don't want to get locked in"

"Sure"

After saying goodbye to Newt, Thomas laid in his bed and groaned. Thomas couldn't think of anything worse than going out and being Spider-Man for a girl that he barely knew, but here he is putting the suit on and opening his bedroom window. Swinging across the city he noticed how insignificant everything seemed from up here, how every dot below him were different people with their own lives and stories, it blew Thomas's mind sometimes.

"HELP, PLEASE!"

Thomas's spider sense sharpened at the terrified shout. He picked up his speed as he got closer to the cry.

"PLEASE GOD HELP ME, SPIDER-MAN!"

Wait, Thomas knew that voice, it can't be?

"PLEASE SPIDER-MAN WE NEED YOUR HELP!"

It's Teresa!?

Picking up the pace Thomas got closer to an abandoned clock tower. Thomas's heart stopped. His breath hitched and he went cold. No, please no, not that voice, anyone but that voice.

"SPIDER-MAN HELP US PLEASE!"

Newt. His Newt. His only Newt.

Landing inside the clock tower he looked around for who could have endangered them.

"Oh Spidey, I didn't know you swung that way?"

Thomas looked to his left and saw a man leaning against the clock tower in a metal suit with wings, like a Vulture.

"What have you done with them?!" Thomas asked while preparing for a fight.

"Oh you know nothing, poor little Newt, he's so smart it's really a shame"

Thomas's stomach fell, he couldn't believe it. Thomas yelled "You're lying!?"

"I'm afraid not, see you took business away from me with all your heroic endeavors so, I had to take something of equal value away from you, Thomas" Jensen finished watching as the boy's body started to slump.

"Why?!" Thomas screamed.

"Working alone isn't always the best, it's why I employ people. Teresa! Honey, come here!"

Teresa walked slowly to her monster of a father while looking sullenly towards Thomas. Thomas couldn't believe his eyes, the girl he'd had a crush on since the third grade was the traitor. Thomas's fists clenched together.

Jensen cackled, grabbing Teresa harshly while wrapping a rope around her waist "Wanna tell Tommy our plan?"

Teresa gulped "You have to make a choice tonight Thomas, Newt or Me, pick the right choice"

Jensen smashed a hole in the clock tower which showed the 300 foot drop from the bell to the floor. Jensen pushed Teresa down the hole as she screamed, gripping the rope for dear life, Thomas was about to dive for her when he saw the next person Jensen had. Thomas looked at Newt who was beaten and bruised with tears in his eyes, Newt looked at Thomas and smiled.

"Pick the right choice, you know who to save" Newt grimaced as he smiled at Thomas.

"You're next Newt" Jensen stated while harshly wrapping rope around Newt and pushed him down the hole "Oh and Thomas, the rope is connected to the cogs of the clock, you should probably make sure the cogs don't cut the rope"

Thomas went to dive down to save both Teresa and Newt but before he could Jensen tackled him out the clock tower. The clock began to tick as Thomas sensed the rope slowly being cut.

"No!" Thomas screamed.

I have to save them, I have to Teresa, I have to save Newt.