12.

(Author Notes: the song for this chapter is "True Lovers" - Holy Holy, enjoy!)

Thomas was completely and utterly pissed. Newt and Thomas had an amazing time together just swinging around the city, which had to be ruined by an impending disaster. Thomas landed on the side of a building and peered to see a small group of men discussing vigorously, high tech weapons in hand.

'That explains the giant explosion' Thomas thought.

"So what do you think, is this the gun for you?" One of the guys asked.

The man he directed the question to; looked nervous, skinny in frame, brown skin with a buzz cut afro.

"I don't want to blow them to another reality. I want to profile someone, undetected" The man explained.

"We've got zero gravity gloves. It helps you climb walls just like our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. We got it off a Stark shipment going to his weapons fault; premium stuff" The seller stated.

Thomas watched as the seller talked to the buyer. Thomas clocked that the seller had a melt glove on that seemed to spike and sizzle sometimes if he moved too fast. Another man came over, brown skin, taller and larger than both the other men.

"We need to hurry up, that 'display' would have been seen from the center of town. We are the only people selling this type of tech, either you're in or you're out" The man gruffed out.

"IT'S MINHO, PICK UP. IT'S MINHO, PICK UP. ITS MINHO-"

The loud ringtone of Minho calling him echoed throughout the area.

"This is a setup" The gruff man pointed a gun at the buyer.

Thomas dropped to the floor to startle the men.

"If you're going to shoot someone, shoot me!" Thomas explained.

"Alright" the gruff men stated while whipping the gun towards Thomas.

Thomas webbed the gun out of the man's hand and directed his attention to the man with the buzzing melt glove. Running towards him, Thomas prepared to fight but was stopped by a shock shooting him across the area into the building wall.

"What was that?!" Thomas exclaimed with complete and utter shock.

Jumping into a truck the sellers started to drive off. Thomas webbed onto the truck and clung tight. The seller swung the truck side to side while Thomas was banged into trees, mail boxes and cars.

"Not the greatest night after all" Thomas thought, as the door he was currently webbed onto; fell off.

Running towards the closest tree, Thomas swung around the outskirt little neighborhood. Thomas began to notice that this neighborhood had no tall buildings or many trees for that matter for him to swing to. Thomas jumped onto the roofs of the houses and took a short cut to the truck.

"I've got them. I've got them-" Thomas chanted in his head.

As he jumped down to the truck, he was ripped from the air. Watching the floor of the earth progressively become further and further away, Thomas looked up to see his captor. Glowing green eyes and massive dark wings was all that Thomas saw as he tried to rip himself from the winged monster. Higher and higher he went as the air started to thin, he was going to die like this, Thomas thought. His last moments were of his first high school party and of his last swing with his best friend Newt. There were worse ways to go, Thomas thought. Thomas closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable, a loud beeping sound came from his suit.

"Wait? What-" Thomas said, confused.

With little to no warning his suit projectiled a parachute from his back freeing him from the winged monster. Thomas fell fast. He had no time to prepare as the parachute wrapped around him like a blanket as he shot down through the air. Panicked, Thomas tried to find a way out. The land increasingly came closer and closer.

"This is it" Thomas thought.

With a massive thud, Thomas landed in water. He was alive, but barely. Thomas now realized that he might drown. Aggressively trying to free himself from the parachute, another splash came from above him. A hand reached out to him and he took it. Thomas was skyrocketed out of the water and placed onto land. Thomas looked at who saved him and sighed.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jorge Stark frantically asked while water was drenching his metal suit.

"You know...Going for a dip?" Thomas stated with a shrug.

"Besides the fact that you almost died. Is there anything you want to tell me? I don't know, maybe something to do with a certain party Spider-Man showed up at?" Jorge asked sternly.

"Nah... You know me. I'm a no party type of guy..." Thomas giggled awkwardly.

Jorge sighed. He remembers when he was a teenager, doing anything to impress someone or a group of people, but this was irresponsible and reckless.

"What you did tonight was irresponsible and reckless. You could have gotten someone killed tonight, or better yet you could have gotten yourself killed" Jorge argued.

"I just wanted people to respect me or like me more. I'm tired of being the nerdy kid. Spider-Man can help me not be that kid anymore" Thomas stated, he hated how Jorge didn't understand.

"I know what you mean, Kid, but sometimes that nerdy kid is who you are and the best thing you can do is be yourself; rather than being someone you are not" Jorge finished while putting a metal hand on Thomas's shoulder.

Thomas nodded, glumly.

"Gotta go kid. Stay safe" Jorge concluded.

"Wait?! There were these guys and they had really high tech weapons. With that sort of weaponry they could do some serious damage. I need to go find them!" Thomas panicked while getting up.

"No! You are done for tonight. Let me worry about it when it becomes a threat. As of right now, they are not a threat. I will deal with them when I have the time. You are not allowed under any circumstances to go after them. Do I make myself clear, Parker?" Jorge stated.

"Yes..." Thomas stated.

"Good. I need to go, Bye Parker" Jorge concluded while flying off.

"I wish I could fly. Stupid flightles suit" Thomas argued with himself. "Oh great! I have to walk home!"