17

(The song for this chapter is "Fine Line" by Harry Styles. Also I wanted to take a vote on if this book should be PG or delve into M or even MA15+ territory. Please let me know by leaving a comment. Also this chapter is sort of the turning point in the entire story, hopefully you all like it!)

Thomas put his spidey suit on to do a little patrolling around the city. After an hour or so Thomas concluded that no crime's were being committed today. Swinging to the top of a skyscraper he looked down on his city, thinking about his life and what is to become of it. Thomas's only ambition was to become an Avenger, nothing more, nothing less. Thomas never thought about 'relationships', once he got bit by that spider his life became anything but mundane. Thomas pondered what his life would have been like if he didn't get bit. Doctor Strange told him that his dreams are different Multiverses, which begged the question, a lot of his dreams were centered around Newt. Most dreams are tame, hanging out, playing games, running around together. One particular dream had both of them stuck in a maze and there were a bunch of boys, Minho and even Gally were a part of his dream, it was so odd. There was one dream, which was slowly recurring, it was so mundane that Thomas could cry. It's Thomas and Newt sitting at a cafe with two steaming hot coffees, they're talking about their jobs and laughing. Dream Thomas lays his hand on Dream Newt's hand and they continue their conversation like holding hands isn't something momentous, like something that is so normal that they both don't even notice it.

Thomas hoped that in every universe that he'd meet Newt, that the other Thomas's out there who hadn't found their Newt that they'd find him soon. Thomas couldn't imagine his life without Newt. Thomas could imagine his life with Teresa, maybe that's the difference. Thoma's heart quickened at the sudden realization.

"Newt! It's been Newt this entire time!!" Thomas yelled, scaring himself. "I have to go see him!" Thomas concluded by jumping off the building.

Newt was lying on his bed, scrolling through Tiktok. Newt's brain was exhausted. He 's loved Thomas ever since he could remember. Newt never had the courage to openly tell Thomas his feelings, Thomas has always seemed so untouchable. Thomas has never shown any interest in Men before. Maybe Newt will be his exception. Standing up from his bed he threw his phone onto his desk. A knock was heard on his window sill, Newt made out the outline of a man.

"Who are you?" Newt asked while holding up a shoe as his only defense against the intruder.

A muffled voice responded "It's your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man".

Newt hurried to the window and opened it.

"Hi" Newt breathed.

"Hi" Spider-man breathed.

"So... Tommy- I mean- Thomas convinced you?" Newt stumbled.

"Um...Yeah he did. Newt there's something Thomas has been meaning to tell you. Could you sit down for me." Spider-Man asked.

Newt sat down slowly, he knew what was coming.

"I'm... Ah... This is hard to say" Spider-man mumbled while scratching his head.

"You're Thomas Parker." Newt said.

The room went silent. Thomas couldn't breath, especially with this mask on. Slowly taking it off Thomas revealed his true identity.

"You got me...ha" Thomas awkwardly said.

Newt was silent. Newt didn't actually know, he was 75% percent sure he was right but honestly he wanted to be wrong.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Newt asked quietly.

Thomas gulped. "Knowing who I am, and knowing my identity puts you in the firing range of anyone who wants to get to me. It's selfish I know, but in all honesty, I did it to keep you safe. I was going to tell you, I just didn't know when the right time was. I'm sorry." Thomas concluded while sitting next to Newt.

"Where does all your sweat go in that suit?" Newt asked.

Thomas giggled. "I mean, I don't sweat anymore, you know, with the whole super metabolism".

"Ah...That makes sense." Newt concluded.

Thomas took a deep breath and stood up. "I should probably go".

"Yeah...Of course..." Newt said while standing up looking down and playing with his fingers.

Thomas stepped closer to Newt and tilted his head up making him look directly into his eyes. "Have you always been this tall, Newtie?" Thomas asked jokingly.

Newt laughed. "It's not my fault you're small".

"Newt." Thomas breathed.

"Thomas." Newt breathed, looking down at Thomas.

"Newt. I have to tell you something" Thomas whispered.

"You can tell me anything Tommy." Newt said while moving a hand to Thomas's forearm.

Thomas's words seemed to fail him, he'd open his mouth and nothing would come out. Thomas felt like a fish out of water. Newt was waiting patiently for Thomas to speak.

"Why is this so hard to say?" Thomas asked.

"I mean you've never been good with your words" Newt giggled.

Thomas didn't think very often when it came to his actions, he was 'a do now, think later' sort of guy. Thomas didn't know where this confidence came from and he didn't know if he was making the worst mistake in his life, but he had to do something when his words were failing him. Grabbing Newt's face Thomas leaned in and kissed Newt. Newt's eyes bulged out of shock, when he was finally coherent he wrapped his arms around Thomas's waist and Thomas loosened his grip on Newt's face. The one simple kiss turned into two simple kisses, that then turned into three simple kisses. Kissing Newt was like breathing, if you stopped you'd suffocate. Both boys were like men who were starving and the only way to save them was to keep kissing. Slowly stepping back Newt fell onto his bed with Thomas on top of him. The kissing didn't stop, if anything it became more desperate. Newt's hands slowly traveled around Thomas's body while Thomas' hands found refuge in Newt's hair. Newt knew if he didn't pull away he'd never be able to stop. Pulling back, Newt cleared his throat.

"We should probably stop...We should take things slow" Newt concluded while looking directly at Thomas's swollen lips.

Thomas gulped. "Probably a good idea...Um... I'm sorry I need to stay like this for a while...Um the suit doesn't leave much to the imagination."

Newt blew up into a full body blush. "YEAH! Of course!"

"Thank you..."Thomas said quietly.

Thomas snuggled into Newt's neck while Newt wrapped his arms securely around Thomas. This felt right, to both of them.

"So...You like me huh?" Newt joked.

Thomas bit Newt's neck softly. "Of course I do, you idiot".

"Ow...Okay! Just for the record. I like you too." Newt stated with a soft smile.

"So...Do you want to be my...boyfriend?" Thomas timidally asked.

Newt's entire body was flooded with happiness and joy, this felt like a dream.

"I wouldn't want anything more." Newt stated while closing his eyes while breathing in Thomas.

While the two boys were in blissfulness. Across the city was Teresa waiting on her balcony for Spider-Man.

"You said he'd be here, Teresa. Where is he?!" Jenson angrily stated.

"He-He-He was supposed to be here!" Teresa argued back.

"I know you don't want to hurt one of your classmates and this little idea to bring Spider-Man was a cute idea, but sometimes, hurting someone innocent always brings out the heroes among us" Jenson finished.

"But I thought this would work?" Teresa said nervously.

"Something you should know Teresa. Our family never fails, and if we do, we never make it public. Failure is not welcome in this household. Fail me again and you're out, even if you're my only daughter, I can always make another one." Jenson finished as he left the balcony. "Boy's find me the location of Newt Jones's house and bring him to me. We need him alive.

For now."