T W E L V E

My eyes shift around my bags as I go down a mental checklist. I'm sure this week will be fun, even if I am having horrible anxiety about it. Can you blame me? I cheated on my boyfriend with my brother's best friend and now I'm going on vacation with all of them. Crazy right? Is cheated the right word? It was just one kiss, after all.

I should have just told Sam I had other plans, but here I am. After I agreed there was no going back. He had the rental booked 15 minutes later. Everyone else is extremely excited, especially Alex. Sam is letting us share a room since there were so many in the house. I've already told myself no sex.

"Hurry up, Penny!" Sam yells at me. I groan and pick my bags up and haul them down the stairs. Sam grabs what he can to help and run out to the car before I can even thank him.

I climb into the back of Sam's car and sit behind the passenger's seat. Colby is already settled, not breaking his eye contact with his phone.

This can't be too bad. I mean, yes, I did cheat on my boyfriend, but at least I didn't cheat on him. I still feel extremely guilty for it and I don't think I'll ever forgive myself. The truth is that Alex is the best guy for me. He's smart, confident, respectful, and very handsome. Colby is, well, Colby. He's a player, he's the typical bad boy that you don't want to be around. He's the opposite of Alex. So why am I feeling the way I'm feeling? I shouldn't be.

I put my headphones in to drain out Colby and Sam's conversation. This is going to be a long-ass 6-hour drive.

***

I'm shaken awake by Sam, he takes out my headphone and tells me we've arrived. I look around and see Mia and Evie getting out their things from Mia's car. I admire the house before getting out myself. I grab my bag from the seat beside me and go to the trunk to help with everything else. Alex has also arrived and is unpacking.

To be honest I'm not even sure why we're at the beach. It's way too cold to swim.

"I got it, you can go ahead." Alex smiles at me and kisses my lips quickly. I nod and follow Mia and Evie inside.

"Come on, let's go put our swimsuits on. Sam said we have a hot tub." Evie exclaims. I glance out the window and see a small pool connected to a hot tub.

Nice call, Sammie boy.

I go up the stairs and look around at the different rooms. I see one with a queen bed and put my bag down. I can hear Evie and Mia talking in the room beside me. I sigh and start unpacking my bag. I shut the door and quickly change into my swimsuit. I decided to bring a few different swimsuits, but, a one-piece is the most appropriate right now. The sun is starting to go down and I know it'll be colder soon.

I take one of the towels from the dresser, which I'm assuming was left by the owners. I check out the window and see the girls in the hot tub already. I open the door and walk down the stairs. Sam and Colby are in the kitchen putting away the drinks and snacks they got before we left. I see Alex walk back into the house with his bag. He smiles and winks at me when he sees me. I giggle quietly but ignore him. I wrap the towel around me before I walk into the kitchen to grab water.

"Already getting in?" Sam laughs. "Well we are on vacation aren't we?" I smile. "Yes we are, which is why you need to be drinking this," he hands me a white claw, "instead of water." I put the white claw down and grab the water from him. "Are you encouraging your little sister to underage drink?" I grasp sarcastically. "Come on, lighten up. It's spring break." Colby smiles at me. My cheeks heat up and I take in a quick breath. "Fine, but I want shots instead," I tell them both.

That's what I'm going to need to get through this week.

"Okay, I guess," Sam laughs. He takes the vodka out of the fridge along with a sprite. He then grabs a red solo shot cup and pours half a shot. "You think I'm a pussy?" I laugh at him. "You sure you want to start with shots? I mean it's only 7 o'clock." Sam asks me with a concerning face. "Let the girl do what she wants." Colby scolds him from the island. "Okay, whatever you say," Sam laughs and finishes the cup.

I put the towel down and throwback the shot then use the sprite to chase it. I grimace at the taste and drink more of the sprite. "You are kind of a pussy," Sam tells me. I roll my eyes, "Keep pouring," I tell him. He shakes his head with a smile and pours me another one. I quickly drink that and finish the sprite off. "Okay, now I'm going to the hot tub." I blink away the water in my eyes and clear my throat. I grab my towel and leave out the sliding doors.

"Finally!" Mia smiles. "Sam was making me take shots." I laugh. "Shots? Damn, you are stressing." Evie laughs at me. "Of course, I'm stressing. I'm screwed." I dip my feet in before I sit down.

"You need to relax, nothing bad is going to happen. Just keep your distance from him. Alex still has no idea about what happened and he's not going to figure it out. It'll be fine." Mia reassures me. I sigh and nod. I lean my head back on the side and try my best to relax my muscles.

"Party time bitches!" Sam yells, causing me to jerk my head up. He shotguns a beer and jumps into the pool mindlessly. Colby and Alex both walk outside the house, shirtless. I catch myself looking between the two of them and immediately turn away.

"I don't know about you guys, but this week is going to be the best week I've had in a while." Sam laughs as he submerges from the water.

Wish I could say the same.