F O U R T E E N

"I overheard something last night." Alex's voice startles me. My eyes widen and I turn around with a fake smile, "Hm?" I answer.

He sets his towel down on the bed and crosses his arms. "Look, I don't care what happened between you two. I just want to know when it happened. We've been together since November, and the way he worded it-"

"Look, it's over now, okay? It was a mistake, a one-time thing." I turn back around, trying to ignore my pulse racing.

"You didn't answer my question." He groans.

I shut my eyes for a moment, trying to catch my breath. He can't know I cheated. That would break him. "It was a long time ago. Before us." I bite my lip and continue to pack my beach bag. "Let's just hurry up, everyone else is already down there." I smile at him quickly and put my bag on my shoulder. I started to walk past him but he grabs my arm.

"I don't want him around you." He tells me quietly. I clench my teeth and pull my arm from his grasp. "Can't you just agree to that? It's not like he's your friend."

I roll my eyes at his words. He knows nothing about Colby. "He's been in my life since I was 10, Alex. I avoided him for two months. You know how hard that is when he practically lives with me?"

"So? He may be Sam's friend, but he only wants one thing. I can't trust him around you."

I put my bag back onto the bed, "Can't trust him, or me? You don't have to worry. Colby is more like a brother to me than anything."

"That's not what you said last night. You should of never even given him the chance to have that conversation with you. He obviously likes you." His voice deepens in anger.

"Well, too bad."

"So you do have feelings for him?" He looks down, "maybe I should just go. I don't want to waste any more time here that I don't have to."

"Alex, don't," I sigh, "I'm sorry. You don't have to worry about Colby and me." I sit down on the couch.

"No," he shakes his head, "Tell me the truth. Do you or do you not feel something for him."

I open my mouth to speak, but I'm not sure what I should say. I don't want to lie anymore, he deserves better. I press my lips together and shake my head, "I- I don't."

"Then I guess we're done here." He picks up his backpack from the floor and puts it on his back. He grabs his phone charger from the wall and puts it in his pocket.

"Alex, what are you doing?" I roll my eyes, "you can't just leave. We're like 6 hours from home."

"I'm not staying here." He chuckles sarcastically, "I don't want to be around a dude who's trying to take my girl."

"Just take two seconds to think about this," I say loudly.

"Like you thought about it when you were fucking Colby?" He laughs at me. "Come on, I'm not stupid. I've been suspecting it since New Year Eve."

"You have the wrong idea, we never-" I start to defend myself.

"Why should I believe you?!" He yells. I look down and grab the side of the bed, "We didn't have sex."

"Yeah, okay," he snarls, "Prove it."

Am I surprised? No. This is my fault. I put myself in this position. This is my fault. My eyes water but I blink the tears away. I don't want to be sad over this. Alex deserved better than me. He deserves to be happy, with someone happy.

"How? What do you want me to do? What will make you happy?" I ask him with tears.

"Why haven't we had sex again? You act like you don't find me attractive or whatever anymore." He sits on the bed. "Is it because Colby is fulfilling that need?" He laughs.

"Seriously?" I roll my eyes, "I just told you it was nothing. Nothing happened. We kissed a long time ago. That's it. That's all that happened."

I hear the door open and shut downstairs, I get up and open my door, "Let's just go. I'm sure they're wondering where we are."

"No," He says. He stands up and grabs my hips, pulling me to him. "I want you, let me have you," he says quietly.

I shake my head, "Alex, no, it's not the time."

He takes my cover-up off and puts it back into my suitcase. "I don't care, you want to prove it so prove it."

I roll my eyes, I can feel them burning with tears. "Alex, please," I whisper with a stutter.

He grabs me and puts me on the bed, pulling me bathing suit bottoms down. He immediately takes his shorts off. I try to keep my legs closed but he opens them spitting on my core. I close my eyes and turn my head away.

I don't want to. Just push him away, it's not that hard.

Instead of doing so, I just say still, letting him do what he wants. He's my boyfriend, I shouldn't be uncomfortable and I should tell him no. He deserves it.