007.

𝐑𝐢𝐨 𝐀. 𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 | 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐨 -> 𝐀𝐓𝐋

______________________________________

It's been 2 weeks, and Sam been sleeping in the other room now. That's good, we need some space to think about everything but it's like now she'll avoid me so I don't know if it's because she's embarrassed or what but we need to talk.

So I had a plan to take her out for breakfast at our favorite spot when we were younger. My parent's and I thought of even though we were in Canada. It's was Breakfast at Barney's.

I wrote her a note and knocked on the door in hopes of the next 10 minutes she would right me back. She did and she said yes, and she's going to take a shower.

I took my shower, already did my morning routine. I put on a wife beater, nike tech, nike sweats and nike slides. I only did this cause we were going to leave.

Sam came out in a golden rose pink artistic paint sundress with no straps- dress, white fluffy slides, sunglasses, and her hair in a low knot bun. Looks very edible right now.

"Hey." Her soft voice rang through my ears. I looked up.

"Wassup, you look pretty as hell." I licked my lips down at her and she was smiling. She got in the car as I held the door. I huffed at myself shaking my head. I slide across the hood of my car I fell and bussed my ass but oh well.

At least Sam was laughing. I haven't heard her laugh in a while.

"You posed to ask somebody are they okay first then laugh." I told her as I got in the car. She kept laughing. I turned on Peace Of Mind by Lauryn Hill. I drove as her lyrics played throughout the car. I rested my chin in one hand as the other drove.

I finally made it to Barney's, turned off the car and we got out. It was our turn to order after waiting 5 minutes in line she had got the Queen City Shrimp & Grits. I had got the Emperor Breakfast. We waited almost 30 minutes.

It was a comfortable silence. Sam was zoned in my arms as we waited. It was much we needed to get off our chest. This old interracial couple came up to us.

"You look so beautiful together. Reminds us of us. Right, Hank?" The lady hit, Hank's chest. Hank took his glasses off and nodded with a smile.

"Yes, Mo." He laughed.

"How long have you been dating?" Mo asked. Sam started chuckling shaking her head.

"No, we're bestfriends." She told Mo. I frowned a little.

"Baby, even a blind couple can see the chemistry between the two of you.. don't let it fade into nothing cause it's definitely something." Mo grabbed Sam's hand looking her into my eyes.

"And YOU. Don't let her go, you don't see a one like her everyday. She's a pretty young lady. Don't give up." Hank told me.

"Uh-ohhhh, not Hank giving advice. Better watch out now." Mo shoo her afro as Hank strutted his stuff.

"I'm not new to this, I'm true to this girl." Hank said laughing making me and Sam laugh as well. They grabbed their food and left. We heard our number being called on so we got our stuff to and headed out. I held the door everytime.

"Where we going?" She asked.

"We finna eat and talk shawty." I told her pulling into a parking garage and walking up to the top building where on the roof it had little chairs and shit. We got out the car and went to the roof.

It had a green room, and chairs and shit. We sat, ate, made small conversations.

"What you mean, Rio?" She huffed grabbing our plastic trays and throwing them away. She sat back down and looked at me.

"Wassup with you. Let me know everything about you so I can try to make it better." I almost begged of her.

"You can't make shit that already happened better." She spoke calmly. I huffed and nodded.

"Let me know little shit." I told her.

"Shit that people don't know, new hobbies you've grown. In trying here and you trying not to see it, I know you been hurt Samaria, but I'm trying to make it better baby. You just gotta let me know something." I grabbed her hands making her look me in my eyes. She was bout to cry. She took a deep breath and nodded.

"I like dancing and painting. Seeing the colors that match my emotions give me a sense of peace. People think I like trap but I honestly love R&B. My self esteem is low, I lowkey seek male validation. I want peace but don't know how to get it, I want to come at peace of the realization of the reality of my life but I don't know how i love others the way I should love myself but I can't love myself cause I don't know how. I'm a spiritual person but I put others before my mental health so it's hard keeping up with." Sam let something go giving me something to work with. I nodded listening to her.

I pulled her over to lay on me. I took my tech off to cover the bottom of her dress. I let her talk me til she fell asleep. I got something's about her.

Likes-
• painting
• spiritual things
• colors
• dancing
• music
• reading
• people
• kids
• movies
• rnb
• adventuring
• cartoons

Dislikes-
• people
• bullying
• child abuse
• toxic people
• loud things
• staying in one place
• boujee people
• liars
• being ignored

I took mental notes. I was going to show her what's she's been missing going to get her through this. I'ma show her, her worth.

__________________________________

01.30.22