Episode 8

Today's Cobra Kai class is in a junkyard. Johnny is standing on a bus while he yells at us. "You've trained hard," he says. "You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best. You're ready for this tournament, am I right?"

"Yes, sensei," everyone yells back.

"Wrong!" Johnny shouts at us. "Your best ain't shit. If you wanna win the All Valley under 18 tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. Why is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sensei."

"Are you losers?"

"No, sensei."

"Are you nerds?"

"No, sensei."

"Are you sure?"

"No, sensei."

We start training. Johnny yells at us to move our feet while we run through tires, then he gives us each some broken part of something and tells us to use it to hit something. "Your enemies are all around you. Destroy them."

We all start smashing things, it's actually really fun. This is an amazing stress reliever. "Hey Riley, watch this," Hawk calls to me so I turn and watch as he completely smashes the front shield of an old car. I cheer for him.

Johnny hypes us up as we walk on a beam across broken glass and car parts. Then he looks at me, "Your turn, Miss Adams."

I cough, "My turn? I'm not going across that."

"Wanna bet?" Johnny steps closer to me.

"Nope," I walk up to the thing and slowly start to walk across.

I'm halfway done when Hawk calls to me, "You're doing great, Ri." I look over at him and attempt to smile but I lose my balance a bit which makes me have to concentrate.

I let out a scream once I get across and jump off, "Get wrecked!"

Johnny groans and puts his hands on his face. We continue the rest of our drills, "There's nothing to fear except for fear itself. That and falling into a bunch of sharp metal and broken glass, so don't do that."

Hawk walks across the balance beam and only wobbles a couple times. We all start running through the tires again. It's Aisha, Miguel, me, and then Hawk all running in a line. Aisha falls and since she's in front, we all go down. Hawk makes sure to avoid falling on me though as he falls next to me instead. Once he gets up, he grabs my waist to pick me up, and sets me upright.

"Thanks, babe." I say to him without thinking. Oh no, I didn't mean to say that. We haven't actually established what we are yet.

I don't think he minds though, because he smirks and says, "You're welcome."

Johnny yells at us to move our asses. He then hands out turkey bacon, "You wanna win, you gotta be hungry. You guys hungry?"

"Yes, sensei."

"Good," Johnny turns around to look at us. "Cause so are they." He blows a whistle and a bunch of big dogs come running out from the back of the building.

"Oh shit," Aisha says and starts running.

Hawk grabs my hand as we attempt to run away. "Here," he says, and lifts me up onto the top of a wrecked car. I go to give him my hand to pull him up, but we're too slow. He gets bitten by one of the massive dogs.

Johnny yells at us, "Take him to the hospital for a rabies shot, Riley. And take my car," he throws me his keys.

I hop down and help Miguel comes over to us. Hawk wraps one arm around me and one arm around Miguel. We drive over to the hospital where Hawk has to stay for a couple of hours. I offer to stay with him but he falls quickly asleep so Miguel tells me to go with him.

We drive back to Cobra Kai, Johnny asked us both to come for a private lesson. "Did I hear you call Hawk "babe"?" Miguel asks me.

I blush, "Maybe."

"So are you two official?" He smiles at me.

I shake my head, "Not yet. I'm not sure what we are."

"Do you want to be official with him?"

"I'd like to," I say. "But he hasn't asked me yet."

"You should ask him, I'm sure he'd say yes."

"I want him to ask me." We turn into our street so I park in front of Cobra Kai.

Miguel turns to me, "Okay, he'll probably ask you soon."

~~~

We're taking turns punching the dummy when Johnny walks up to us, "Okay okay that's enough, save some for the tournament."

"Why are we the only ones here, sensei?" Miguel asks him.

"'Cause let's face it," Johnny points a finger at Miguel. "You're the only chance I got at winning this thing." Then he points a finger at me, "And you need to catch up to the other students." Fair enough.

"So what, I'm your best student?" Miguel says to him.

"Don't flatter yourself. Have you seen the others?"

"Hey, you don't think I have the muscles to beat all those guys at the tournament?" Then I flex my muscles.

Johnny scowls at me, "That's it? You've been here for how long and that's all you got? Fifty push-ups."

I gasp, "Fifty? I can maybe do five."

"Do 'em till you drop." Johnny says. We hear Miguel chuckle so Johnny turns to him while I go start my push-ups. "What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing, just this funny picture my girlfriend posted." Miguel shows Johnny his phone.

"Wait a second," Johnny snatches his phone out of his hands. "Is that Daniel Larusso's daughter?" Oh shit. I continue trying to push up so that Johnny doesn't look at me.

"Yeah, you know Samantha?" Miguel sounds confused. Oh Miggy, here comes the story.

"You're dating a Larusso?"

"Yeah, why is something wrong?" Miguel sounds defensive.

"We need to talk. Riley," Johnny turns to see that I'm still struggling to get off the floor for my first push-up. "Get up, we're going outside. I'm going to tell you guys about the Larussos."

We sit on the curb outside while Johnny tells us his story, "It was the summer of '82." To sum it up, Johnny's friends were kinda rude but apparently very popular. Johnny had a girlfriend who he lost and Daniel ended up getting with. Johnny is a dick to Daniel, Daniel stands up for himself, then Johnny kicked his ass. They had a bunch of problems and Daniel's karate teacher fought Johnny and his friends. They decided to work things out at the karate tournament, and Daniel beat him. "The reason I'm telling you all this, is because you gotta watch out for the Larussos."

Miguel and I make eye contact. We both know he's dating Sam, and now Johnny knows that too. This isn't going to end well.