S4 E2

Todays the day. I've finally decided on what I want. I know it's kind of basic and a lot of people have it but it means a lot to me.

I sit across from Rico, showing him my designs. "I want a giant cobra going down my back," I say. "A small tongue coming out the top."

Rico nods, "Okay okay. That all sounds cool. I like it." He turns around to start drawing the outline to put on my back. "How come you didn't come with Hawk?"

"Oh," I should've expected this question. "Um, he was kind of busy today. I figured he wouldn't want to sit through this."

"You sat through all of his tattoos," Rico frowns at me.

"No no, I'm sure he would have come if I had asked him too. And he offered. I want to do this on my own." I don't want to tell Rico that we broke up. He's closer with Hawk so it wouldn't be fair for him to hear it from me first. However, I also don't want to make Hawk sound bad to his friend.

"Well," Rico turns around with the outline in his hand. "You can take off your shirt, I'll turn around. Just try to relax and stay comfy."

"Okay, thanks." I strip my shirt off and lay chest down on the table. The outline is cool against my skin. I wasn't nervous coming here and I'm still not nervous. Even when the tattoo needle starts buzzing, I feel fine. Kreese is always talking about how we need to prove our loyalty and I think this will help. I'm going to have the emblem of our dojo permanently inked into my skin.

Hawk would lose his mind if he found out I was doing this. He keeps calling me, texting too. We go back to school from Christmas break tomorrow so I'll have to see him. We have two of our classes together so I won't be able to avoid him. It hurts to see him right now, I don't know how I'll make it through multiple classes with him.

~~~~

Four hours later, Rico finally turns off the needle. "You're done." I slowly go to stand up but he interrupts me, "Woah woah. Don't do that. I'm not that kind of guy."

"Huh," I turn my head to look at him.

"You have no shirt on."

"Oh," I cringe. "My bad."

He slightly chuckles, "It's fine. Just uh, wait till I step outside."

I slap myself in the face with my hand, "Yepp. Yeah, that's awkward."

"It's fine, don't even worry about it." He laughs, "Just maybe don't tell Hawk." He leaves the room so that I can get up.

I take this opportunity to look at my new tattoo with my shirt off. It's beautiful. The cobra perfectly wraps around itself and up my back. I love it.

After a couple seconds of ogling myself, I quickly grab my shirt and put it on so that Rico doesn't walk in on me. I don't want him thinking I'm trying to have him see something.

He comes back in right as I'm pulling my shirt down. "You like it?"

"I love it," I smile at him. "Thank you so much."

"Yeah well it ain't a freebie. You good to etransfer?"

"For sure," I pull out my phone to send him the money. "You got it?"

"You're good."

"Thanks again, Rico." I grab my things and leave the tattoo parlour, unable to keep from squealing in excitement.

~~~~

I'm at karate practice later that evening as Robby is showing us all how to do the Miyagi do techniques. I already learned all of these but I definitely don't mind the refresher. It's good to know how your enemy fights, especially when my enemies are all made up of my ex friends.