S4 E3

It's math class. One of the classes that I happen to share with Hawk. Ugh.

I make my way to the class with a sense of urgency. I refuse to look nervous about seeing him, or worse, afraid.

The class is pick your seats so I try to pick one near the back. I don't want to have to socialize at all. If I sit too close to the front then my teacher will want to talk to me too. Mrs. Prezcot is teaching this class, I had her last year. She's a sweet lady but I don't want to talk to her anymore. She'll notice the change in me.

I'm busy pulling my things out of my bag so I don't notice when he sits next to me. One second I'm alone, next second Hawk is sitting smirking beside me.

"Move."

He chuckles, "I'm not moving. I'm exactly where I want to be."

I shrug, "Okay. Then I'll move."

"But you can't."

"Excuse me," I give him the dirtiest look.

He smiles, "I know you. You can't sit too close to the front because then you'll have to talk to the teacher and you can't sit in the middle because then you'd have to talk to random people. It's a whole thing with you."

"Not true," I shift uncomfortably. "I can talk to people."

"Yeah, sure. You're a great social person. But you don't want to."

"Whatever," I look away from him. The class starts and it's completely horrible the whole time. I don't like being this close to him anymore. It's not like how it used to be, except he still makes me nervous.

Our teacher drones on for the hour before thankfully the bell rings and I'm free. Rushing to grab my stuff and run out of the room, I make it to my locker before half the class is out the door. I'm not afraid, I just uh, want more time to practice.

An arm is thrown across my locker, blocking me. I look up to the same face I just ignored the whole past hour.

"What?"

Hawk smirks down at me, "Let's go somewhere."

"I'm not going anywhere with you," I start to walk away but he snatches my bag out of my hands.

"Then I'll go with you," he shrugs.

I stand there flabbergasted for a moment. "Excuse me?"

"Where are we going?" He gives me the most innocent look ever.

I point my finger up at him, "Not a chance, Moskowitz."

"Can we just have one conversation?" His expression goes hard. "I need to talk to you."

It takes me a minute to decide. I'm not sure. "Fine."

~~~~

We decide to go to a mini diner near my house. It's cute in here, all retro 50s things. The interior is red and white with little patterns. Hawk and I slid into a booth near the corner so that hopefully nobody sees us together. That would go bad for me.

"Tell me what's going on."

Hawk gives me a look, seemingly decided what he wants to say. "There's no reason for us to fight anymore."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because we're better than this!" He explodes before regaining his composure. Calmly, he continues. "The only thing we're working towards is the next tournament and that's not for a couple months. We haven't fought since the house fight. Sam and Tory are not even near each other anymore since Tory got expelled. Everything can be okay again."

I shake my head, "I'm still in Cobra Kai."

"That's okay," he desperately tries to make eye contact with me. "You don't have to leave Cobra Kai. As much as I wish you would, we can make it work."

"I'm not even supposed to be talking to you." I stop fiddling with my straw so that I can match his stare. "I'm not risking getting kicked out."

"They would kick you out of Cobra Kai for talking to me?"

I look back down at my drink again. "I don't know, but I'm not willing to find out."

Hawk sighs. He slouches back into the seat, "We can meet in secret."

"I'm not dating you again."

"We broke up for stupid reasons."

"You left me there!" It's my time to explode. "You walked away from me at the house fight. Matter of fact, you walked away from me at the school fight too. When have you ever stayed for me?"

"I'll be there now," he reaches to try and take my hand. "I promise."

"Your promises mean nothing." I pull my hands into my lap. "Was there anything else?"

"Miguel really misses you."

"Okay."

"And Sam."

"Bitch."

Hawk digs his hands into his eyes. "If you came back, you'd be welcome with open arms."

"Daniel kicked me out."

"Do you have to have an answer for everything? We're going full circle, Ri."

I shrug, "Look-" Whatever I am about to say is cut off. Kyler walks in with some girl and I duck. I'm under the table before Hawk even realizes what's happening.

Hawk acts quickly and places his bag strategically so that it's blocking anyone from seeing me. I still have to get out of here though, and fast. I peak out from behind the pack pack to see Kyler and his date speaking to a waitress.

Now is my chance. I dart out from under the table and go sprinting towards the door, pulling my hood over my face as I go. I'm almost to the door when my arm is grabbed from behind me.

Hawk stands behind me holding my backpack. "You forgot this."

"What do we have here?" Shit. Shit, shit shit. Kyler comes strutting up to us, "Look at the two lovebirds."

Hawk shoves him back, "Come any closer and I'll break your face like I did to Brucks."

"Yeah, that wasn't cool man." Kyler pretends to be all sympathetic before turning to me. "Fraternizing with the enemy, are we Riley?"

"I'm allowed to talk to whoever I want," but even as I say this I know it isn't true.

"Really?"

I try again, "Kreese will believe me over you."

Kyler slowly shakes his head, "But Silver won't."

I run my hands through my hair before blurting out, "Bye." Then I run out the door and I'm gone before Hawk even makes it outside.

~~~~

Authors note

Hi guys! Thank you to anyone still keeping updated on my Hawk and Riley story. I know it's slow updates and I have the worst writers block right now so any ideas let me know! I want to hear what you guys want to see happen or any people I'm leaving out. I do have all the All Valley tournament chapters already written, it's just getting to those chapters. I promise I will try to be more frequent with my posts.

But anyways, thanks again! Let me know any comments or requests :)