S4 E5

They made a rule for no fighting before the tournament. No Cobra Kai is allowed to physically attack a Miyagi Do and likewise. So far my team seems pretty set on following it.

At least I thought that until tonight's practice. Tory and Robby stand next to me as I practice my kicks on a dummy. No, I'm not kicking Kyler.

Robby makes a good point, "It's probably because they don't want us breaking our paroles. They know we're two of their best fighters. They can't afford for us to go back to Juvie."

"We need to get them somewhere no one else is around," Tory says.

"Or you guys could just follow the no fighting rule," I tell them.

Tory gives a dirty look, "Oh you're going soft now, are you Adams?"

Silver speak up, "Listen up. Gather around." We all stand in front of him and Sensei Kreese as they address the class. "We just had a little powwow with the senseis from Miyagi Do. From here on out, there will be no more fighting until the tournament." Yes we knew that.

Tory argues, "So our enemies get to humiliate us and we have to back down and take it?"

"Of course not," Kreese answers. "We should always show our enemies no mercy."

Silver shakes his head, "But there is a time to fight. No need to waste a punch if it's not going to score a point. So if your enemies do something to mess with you, or laugh in your face, good. Take all the anger and store it because you're going to need it when the time comes. Is that understood?"

"Yes, sensei."

Silver gives Kreese a look before sauntering off to the office.

~~~~

We're almost done our lesson for today. Silver is teaching.

"There are three things that make a champion," he tells us. "The three Ds. Desire, devotion, and discipline. The first two, I can't give you. The last one I can but you have to be willing to receive it." I wasn't willing and he threatened me anyways.

Our class is dismissed and I hear some of the guys talking about their plans for later. I can tell when people are talking in code. They don't want me to know what's going on, otherwise I would know what the code is for.

I walk over with a quizzical expression. "What's up?"

Robby turns to me, "It's nothing." Instantly everyone's face goes blank.

I look around at my teammates, trying to figure out what's going on. "What are you guys talking about?"

Kyler smirks at me, "Tonight we're finally going to get some payback." He starts stretching his shoulders in preparation.

"Payback on who? The Miyagi Dos?"

Tory gives me a sympathetic look, "We left you out for a reason, Ri. Just leave it alone."

I shake my head at her, "Leave what alone?"

One of the other boys in the group, I didn't even bother to learn his name, speaks up. "Your little boyfriend. We can't fight him, so we're just gonna knock his confidence down a couple levels."

Fear runs through me. I have no idea what they're talking about but I do know Hawk. And I know Eli. It took him forever to build up his confidence. When I first met him, he could barely even make eye contact with me. I won't let them send him back to that.

"Sensei Silver said no fighting before the tournament. Anything you can do to him will count as fighting."

Robby shakes his head, "Not true. We're not allowed to physically attack anyone, that doesn't involve emotional damage."