Episode 6.5

Eli didn't show up to school the next day. I was worried about him, he wasn't answering my texts either. I asked Demetri about it in class but he said he didn't know where Eli was.

I went straight home after school, not wanting to go back to karate. Johnny and I talked after class, and I see his point of view so we're still friends or whatever we are, but I don't know if I want to join or not.

Sam called me when I got home and we talked for awhile. She told me that she talked to Miguel today. I asked if they were anything more than friends but all she said was that she just got out of a relationship and wasn't looking for anything.

Then I made my brother and I dinner. It was just the two of us so we sat in front of the tv. We were halfway through The Big Bang Theory when someone knocked on the door.

I looked at Justin, "You expecting anybody?"

"No, I didn't invite anyone over." He looks at the door wearily, "What if it's a murderer?"

I giggle, "I think if it were a murderer they wouldn't have knocked."

Justin freaks out when I go to open the door, "Don't open it."

"I have to see who it is," Whoever it is knocks again after I say that.

Justin runs into the kitchen, probably to hide, potentially to grab a weapon. I open the door to see a guy with a bright blue mohawk standing there. It takes me a minute to recognize him. "Eli?"

He smirks, "It's Hawk now." He then walks around me to enter the apartment. Come on in, I guess.

Justin comes screaming out of the kitchen, wielding a kitchen knife. "Stop!" I yell at him, "It's Eli."

Justin waves the knife at him, "Who's Eli?"

"I'm a friend of Riley's," Eli says. "You've met me before."

Justin shakes his head, "That Eli doesn't have a mohawk."

"Well this Eli does, can you please put down the knife now?"

"Okay, fine." Justin goes back to this kitchen to put away the knife.

I turn to Eli, "I am so sorry about that."

He laughs, "Don't be, I was that age once too."

"Come on, let's go to my room." I grab his hand as we walk towards my bedroom. He's been here before, but not this version of Eli. "So you go by Hawk now?"

He closes my door, "Yeah, I flipped the script. Johnny convinced me that I had to do something to distract people from my lip. So I went home and dyed my hair."

I eye his new mohawk, "It's certainly a statement."

A little bit of Eli slips through as he looks nervously at the floor, "You don't like it?"

I walk up to him and lightly grab his arms, "I think you look amazing. And if it helps with your confidence then I love it."

He smirks at me, "Good."

I sit down on my bed, "So you've officially joined Cobra Kai now?"

"Yep," he sits down next to me on the bed. "I really like it, I wanna be the hulk by January." Then he looks down, "I guess I shouldn't make Marvel references anymore."

"Hey," I say. "You can still like whatever you're into."

He smirks at me knowingly, "Oh I know."

I laugh, "Want to watch a movie?"

"I was actually thinking we could go out, just the two of us. If you're not busy tonight?"

"I'm not busy," I smile. This is gonna be fun. "So where are we going?"