Chapter 2

At school the next day, everyone looks at me as I walk by, whispering to each other. I see Lucy running up to me. "Everyone is talking about you.

They think you should perform in the talent show for magic. Someone took a video of your leg illusion and posted it on social media. It's so cool!" She exclaims.

I almost pass out. They posted it!!! I'm in danger. "You okay Mads? You look upset." Lucy asks. "Lucy I need to go. I'm sorry." I say, running to a janitors closet. I lock the door and see three missed calls from Lexa. I call her back right away.

"What the hell were you thinking!!! I'm coming to get you right now! And we are leaving. Everything is packed and in the car. Your chest, everything." She shouts. "Lexa I'm so sorry I didn't know they recorded. It wasn't Dom." I tell her. She hangs up and I hear Lucy knocking outside.

I open the door, and I let her in. "Maddie! What the hell is going on! Why are you so upset about the video!" She questions. "I wish I could explain, I just can't right now." I tell her. She's hurt, mainly because I tell her everything.

An announcement comes over the loudspeaker. "Lockdown! Lockdown! This is not a drill!" Shouts the office lady. Panic sweeps over me. "We need to find Dominic." I say. Lucy and I run through the hallway to him, and we all run back to the closet and lock ourselves in.

A big boom comes from the hallway, and people scream. I really hope it isn't them, but I know it is. I know this is my fight. I tell Dom and Lucy everything, and they sit there in silence taking it all in.

"So does this mean you can fly us in a spaceship?" Dominic asks. "No!" I laugh. I crack the door open, ready to fight. I see them, standing in the hallway.

Three Mogadorian soldiers, smiling at me. I throw them against the wall with telekinesis, and blind one of them with my lumen. More and more appear, and I run back to the closet to lock my friends in.

A Mogadorian charges at me, sword aimed right at my heart. Since I'm not under the charm, I know it will kill me. I stop it with my telekinesis, and I send him flying up to the ceiling.

I take his sword, and hold it as he gets back up. Without thinking, I plunge it right through his chest, and he turns to ash. My first Mogadorian ever... wow. I run to the closet and tell Dom and Lucy to run.

They start to, but are stopped mid hallway by more mogs "No!" I scream. I'm about to lift the Mogadorians into the air when I'm hit on the back of the head. Everything goes black, and I fall to the ground.

When I wake up, I'm in a transportation vehicle, locked up, surrounded by Mogadorians. I don't care that they have me. I just hope my friends and Lexa are okay.

Lexa! She's probably worried sick, knowing exactly where I am. I wonder why they haven't tried killing me yet. I glare hard at everyone sitting with me. I let them know that I'm not afraid to fight back.

"Don't get an attitude or else." One of them snaps. "Eat shit!" I reply. They knock me out again, and when I wake up, this time I'm in a clay-walled jail cell. Great.