twenty-six .

Houston, Texas

Houston, Texas .
Lilac & Jyari's Penthouse .

Bright and early the day after their first real fight, Lilac was woken up to the concierge buzzing their door.

Trudging to the door half asleep, Lilac tossed it open, shock filling her.

"Goodmorning Miss Booker, these were dropped off at the lobby for you," he smiled.

Lilac smiled back at him, poking her lip out as she let him bring it in.

"Thank you, Reginald. Goodmorning."

He let himself out and Lilac found herself staring at 20 dozen pink forever roses, just for her. Grabbing the card, she read it, her heart melting instantly.

I love you.

Though that was all the card said, she felt like that was all it needed to say.

Jye waddled into the living room, her belly coming before her.

Seeing the flowers, she gasped.

"Awww, call him right now," Jye demanded.

"He needs to call me," Lili frowned.

"Why? Y'all both wrong. You know that boy didn't try to hurt us, Lili. Yeah, he should've told us but you should've also seen his reasoning behind it. You know you miss him, how you was blowing his phone up yesterday."

Sighing, Lilac picked up her phone. She knew her sister was right.

Both Lili and Así both were a work in progress when it came to their attitudes. While they both had a long way to go, they definitely weren't as bad as they were before.

Dialing his contact she waited until he answered, talking in the loud background before coming to the phone.

"Hey Baby. You got what I sent you?"

"Yes, Pa. Thank you, they're beautiful. When are you coming by here?" She asked, chewing her lip.

"Uh, like two."

He said something else in the background and Lili frowned.

"You busy? I can call you back later."

"I'm doin sum but I'm never too busy for you, girl. Be dressed by two, I got another surprise and then we gonna talk,"

Lili could hear the smile in his voice and couldn't help the one spreading across her face.

"Okay, I love you, Asíel. And I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, Mi flor. I love you and I'a see you later."

"Okay."

They finally hung up and Lili looked at her flowers adoringly.