thirty - four .

hey y'all 🫣.
_____________

Lili's Boutique

Lili's Boutique .
Houston, Texas .

The days after were extremely hard on Lilac.

She walked around with a frown, a constant edge to her voice and her office door shut.

Her heart was broken.

______

As soon as Jye pulled up to the building they could see the ambulance had beat them there.

She parked on the street and Lilac hopped out, nearly tripping over her own feet trying to run inside the garage.

An officer stopped her abruptly, holding his arm out.

"Ma'am, this is an active crime scene you cannot go in there," he explained.

"No, you don't understand that's my Fiancé! I'm on the phone with him," Lilac tried to reason as best as she could with the state she was in.

"I understand but I can't let you in."

"Can we just go make sure he's okay?" Jye stepped in. "Just go talk to the EMT?"

"No-," as soon as the officer turned to Jye to talk, Lilac ducked under his arm and took off running down the ramp.

She could hear Jye and the police calling her but she didn't care. Her feet seemed to float as she rounded the corner to where he parked.

She could see two bodies covered in tarps and the EMTs lifting two men onto the stretchers.

She approached them, tears falling rapidly.

"Please, I'm the one who called, is Asíel okay?"

She looked at the first man on the stretcher, dodging the EMTs who ignored her question but tried to reach for her.

Running to the second man, she found her Fiancé.

His eyes were closed but she could see him taking short ragged breaths through the breathing machine.

"My baby," she whined, pressing her face in his neck. "I love you so much. And I'm here for you and you're going to be okay!"

His breathing picked up like he wanted to say something and he grabbed her arm weakly.

"His pulse is speeding up we have to go!" The EMT shouted. "Ma'am you cannot be here!"

Lilac sobbed as they wheeled him away, keeping up with them until a police officer finally grabbed her.

"Let her go," Jye snapped. "You see the situation, back the fuck off."

She pushed the officer's hand off her sister and helped her walk outside to follow the ambulance.