Chapter 7: Harry Hook and The Beanstalk Bandits

Back in The Enchanted Forest, Mary Margaret, Aurora, Emma, Mulan, Lonnie, Audrey, and Mushu (who was in Lonnie's pocket) were walking back to the safe haven after their hectic adventure seeing the castle of Snow White and Prince Charming.

"I don't know if I can do this," Aurora pouted. "I'm not a very good liar."

"Not to mention who's gonna tell his son in Camelot." Audrey added.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Lonnie replied about Lancelot's son who would eventually have to be told about what happened to his father.

"Well, it's not really a lie, Aurora. Lancelot did die an honorable death and Cora did escape," Mary Margaret soon spoke up. "All true. Just... Leave the particulars to us. There's no reason to cause unnecessary panic amongst your people."

"I'm not so sure it's unnecessary-" Aurora began to say.

"Wait." Mulan suddenly said as she looked ahead with her future daughter at her side.

"What? What is it?" Audrey asked out of concern.

"The tower," Lonnie pointed out. "Shouldn't someone be there?"

"You're right... Something's wrong," Mulan added before looking back at the others as this was very suspicious. "We always have sentries guarding the entrance. Stay close," she then said before drawing out her sword. "Li? You're with me." she then told her future daughter.

"I'm on it." Lonnie nodded as she drew out her own sword then.

Soon, the two warriors went further into the safe haven as something was terribly wrong that had happened in their absence. Audrey and Aurora then came after the two which then prompted Emma and Mary Margaret to follow suit. They rushed along only to find the safe haven had been nearly destroyed and just about everybody who was there had been brutally killed.

"Oh, my God." Emma muttered in shock and horror.

"This can't be..." Mulan murmured as she walked into the safe haven in horror. "I haven't seen anything this bad since I left for war and found my home destroyed."

"Your home was destroyed?" Lonnie asked in surprise.

"Yes... Shan Yu went after everybody I knew and loved when I went to the war in my father's place and told everybody that my name was Ping since only sons were allowed and I didn't want him to die," Mulan explained. "I guess it was true what they said back then and right here now. You can't go home again."

Lonnie flinched and winced, not knowing that about her mother's past as she cupped her mouth.

"Our land, we were protected here, hidden," Mulan then said as she examined the scene with the others. "How did the ogres find us?"

Mary Margaret looked down to see the fallen people and saw one man had a large bloody gash in his chest which told her one thing. "Ogres didn't do this." she then said.

"What?" Mulan asked.

"Then who did?" Audrey wondered.

"Cora did," Mary Margaret explained. "Their hearts... They were ripped out. This was her magic... Twisted and evil. We have to stop her." she then added.

"We're too late. She killed them," Mulan retorted. "She killed them all."

"Oh, my God..." Lonnie muttered. "We have to do something... But what?"

"Obviously we have to stop her before she hurts anyone else," Mary Margaret replied urgently. "And Evie... Who knows what she might do to Evie?"

"Help!" A voice soon cried out.