Chapter 11: Into the Deep

Audrey stared down at the necklace given to her by the Three Good Fairies, pouting a bit as she began to feel more and more homesick even if her mother was around her all the time in this timeline.

"Audrey? Are you going to be okay?" Lonnie asked the girl.

"Oh... I'll be okay, I guess..." Audrey said softly. "I... I guess I'm just really missing my parents right now."

Lonnie frowned a little. "But your mother's with you all the time right now in this timeline and so's my mother." she then reminded.

"No. Not them," Audrey explained. "They're not our mothers yet and they can't even know who we really are."

"Ohh... I guess that makes sense," Lonnie nodded. "Well, don't worry. We have Evie back right now and hopefully that means that things are back on track now."

"I guess..." Audrey said. "It was my 16th birthday after all back home and my parents suddenly had to go leave just before our guests could come and give me my presents."

"I hope your presents aren't the only reason you wanna go back home." Lonnie said with a bit of a frown.

"No, it isn't... Not anymore," Audrey reassured. "I realize now that above all else, I miss parents most of all. Aunt Flora, Aunt Fauna, and Aunt Merryweather are nice and all..."

"But they can't replace the love of a real parent," Lonnie nodded in understanding. "Believe me, I miss my parents a lot too... Especially my father." she then added softly.

"Were you a Daddy's Girl princess or something?" Audrey guessed.

Lonnie sighed sharply. "Well, I did say we would talk about it eventually... But no, Audrey. I mean, yes, I loved my father very much and still do even if my heart aches while thinking about him."

"...Did something happen?" Audrey then asked softly.

"...Yes, it did." Lonnie nodded.

"...Something bad?" Audrey then asked with a frown.

"...Very bad," Lonnie said before looking into Audrey's eyes. "Remember how I said I was destined to marry the son of Lord Qin due to The Golden Dragon of Unity back in Northern Wei?" she then rhetorically asked.

"Yes... I do." Audrey nodded as that was pretty hard to forget.

"Well... That was mostly because it also felt like a last resort," Lonnie explained. "You see... We were traveling across a bridge... My entire family and I... Soon, we saw some of Shan Yu's followers who had tracked us down for vengeance."

Audrey immediately flinched and grasped her chest, feeling her heartache as she could already tell this wasn't going to be an easy story to tell.

"My parents protected us and soon tried to make sure that no one would get hurt... Sha-Ron and I were all right, Li'l Shang had a few cuts, but luckily we made it over the bridge... These followers of Shan-Yu cut the ropes on the bridge, however." Lonnie continued.

"Oh, no." Audrey gasped as she put her hand to her mouth.

"As soon as they cut the ropes, my parents and I were soon starting to dangle," Lonnie soon said. "Shan-Yu's followers soon got out while they still could... My mother saw the ropes getting weaker and weaker before my mother let me go on the other side of the bridge to Li'l Shang and Sha-Ron before I could fall and soon, my parents both dangled on the rope together just seconds before then. My mother was on top and holding the rope and held my father as the rope was still almost about to break. She told him to hang on, but he told her that it couldn't hold them both. She believed that it would, but... He decided to let go of her hand."