Chapter 12: Dance of The Little Sugarplum Fairy

It was just another day in Storybrooke Elementary School as well as Storybrooke High

It was just another day in Storybrooke Elementary School as well as Storybrooke High. Dee Dee and Henry were still a bit down about Evie, Emma, and Margaret being trapped in The Enchanted Forest, but since they made progress with help from Mr. Gold, they looked just a little more hopeful. The two best friends were talking about their further plans of saving the two adult women and Henry's teenage sister and bringing them back home, wondering what exactly they could do. In Mr. Gold's shop, Regina checked on David, who was still under the sleeping curse.

"Any change?" Rumple soon asked his guest.

"No. He's not improving," Regina replied gravely. "He needs true love's kiss. He won't wake up until Mary Margaret comes back."

"Until?" Rumple smirked at her choice of words. "Well, that's rather optimistic, isn't it?"

"What are you talking about?" Regina soon demanded.

"They're up against your mother," Rumple retorted. "The only chance Snow, young Evie, and Emma have of defeating her, is with the squid ink."

Regina then realized what just happened. "Which is why you sent the message through David." she then concluded.

"Which would be beneficial, if we knew that message were delivered, but alas, given the Prince's condition, we don't know," Rumple countered. "As such, it's important we take precautions. We have to consider the possibility that, when that portal opens, it won't be his family or your daughter that come through. It'll be Cora."

"And neither one of us wants that." Regina replied.

"We have to find where they're coming through, and destroy that portal." Rumple soon suggested.

"But whoever came through would die." Regina reminded.

"Exactly, but, I'm confident between the two of us," Rumple replied. "We can summon up enough magic to complete the task."

"Well, what if we're wrong?" Regina suggested. "What if that portal opens up, and it's not my mother? What if Mary Margaret, Evie, and Emma do defeat Cora, and go through it?"

"Well, I believe in this world, they call that a win-win." Rumple remarked.

"How exactly is that?" Regina soon asked.

"If we stop Cora, you are protected from your mother's wrath," Rumple began to explain. "If, on the other hand, we stop Snow, Evie, and Emma, well... You become the only mother in your now only child's life, now don't you? Sure, you lose young Evie, but her loss and keeping Henry is your gain."

Regina then pulled a face at that option.

"Look, magic is unpredictable in this world," Rumple soon continued, trying to defend himself. "If something unfortunate were to happen while you were attempting to help... Henry could hardly blame you for that, could he?" he then concluded.