Chapter 20: Change of Heart

Back outside, it was a very dark night outside, but it was soon filled with glowing and crackling electricity.

"Zevon, stop!" Mal called out as she rushed over with Evie beside her.

"Well, if it isn't the evil Misthaven twins?" Zevon greeted them mockingly before he tossed a green chemical out to them as it exploded in front of their feet. "Ka-Pow!"

The two girls stepped back as the green smoke exploded all around them. Soon, crystal shards grew from the ground to block them.

"Or should I say the formerly evil Misthaven twins now that Storybrooke has made you soft?" Zevon then continued.

The two girls then glared at the boy in anger.

"I mean, not soft like a kitten or something, but... Well, you know what I mean!" Zevon then said before glaring at them wickedly.

Mal and Evie soon grunted as they began to climb up the crystal shards together to get closer to Zevon.

"You have to stop this, Zevon!" Mal called out. "Come down here and talk to us!"

"My, how times have changed," Zevon noted. "Mal wants to talk to me. I have to admit, there was a time when I hung on your every word."

"You two had a thing?" Evie whispered to Mal curiously.

"No! No. He had like a crush on me or something." Mal defended and covered up.

"But not anymore!" Zevon continued from there. "You totally missed your chance, Mal," he then pushed a red jewel into the snake staff's mouth. "Now, each jewel I added increases my power and when I've combined them all, this antenna will transmit my spell across all of Storybrooke, to make everyone evil."

Mal and Evie grunted as they soon climbed over the crystal shards and continued to glare at the boy.

"Well, we are never going to let that happen!" Mal soon called out to Zevon before she took out her spellbook. "'Twist of hand and twist of fate, Leave the ground and levitate'!" she then recited before shooting magic right at Zevon.

"Whoa!" Zevon yelled out as he was suddenly levitating in the air and off of the bleachers.

"Can't use the antenna if you can't touch it!" Mal smirked mockingly. "Haha!"

"You always were the clever one, Mal," Zevon replied as he smirked back before taking out another chemical. "Clever, enchanting, and doomed." he then threw it down, causing green smoke to poof out.

Suddenly, Evie appeared on the bleachers right next to Zevon and he was freed from Mal's levitation spell.

"Evie!" Mal cried out in concern, going to catch her falling friend.

Evie then suddenly fell on top of Mal after being pushed off of the bleachers.

"'Try but you will never harm her, Buried under suits of armor'." Mal soon recited another spell with a glare as she helped Evie back up on her feet.

Soon, suits of armor rained down from the sky as Zevon jumped out of the way to avoid them, clanging on the bleachers after landing.

"Seriously?" Evie asked dryly after that spell.

"What? It was all I could think of." Mal shrugged in defense.

"Don't force me to destroy you, Mal. Ka-slice!" Zevon glared at the girls before tossing a red chemical next.

"Hey!" Evie cried out as the chemical exploded into red smoke behind them.

"Hey! You don't wanna hurt me, Zevon!" Mal called out before she dodged more chemicals that he threw from atop the bleachers. "I mean, come on! We could trade spells and potions all day, but eventually, Evie and I will win."