Chaper 8 - Stored Away

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

It didn't take Pesci long get the rooms. I didnt want to spend another minute in that stuffy car. Risotto didnt spent to long letting us unpack or anything, just having us grab essentials and hurry off to our rooms. In the end, I was allowed to pick who I'd partner rooms with. It almost felt like a scene from a dating sim...

"Well? We dont have all night." Prosciutto sighed, shaking his head. I roll my eyes, a little over his attitude at this point.

"Ghiacchio." I sigh, grabbing my things and a room key before marching off. I could hear him following after me, though he didnt say a word. Once we got into our room, he began to speak.

"(Y/N), I'm sorry.. i should have-"

"I dont need excuses or explanation, Ghia.. i need some time, okay? Everything has been happening so fast that i dont even know what to think.." I sigh, sitting down at the bed. My mind was still running through everything, like a frate train on a never ending track. Why did this have to happen to me? Ghiacchio sighed, nodding as he turned away.

"I'll give you space then.. if you need anything at all, just ask, alright?" He hummed, taking a few slow steps back. He was clearly worried for me, not wanting me to feel bad or get upset... but that was a bit to late. I was upset but.. not at him. I was upset at myself for not trusting them but i knew having my past with those other mafiosos made everything much more difficult. On some nights i would still have nightmares of that day.. the attack that nearly took my life.

S&T materialized beside me, lightly tapping one of its nubs against my hand. I smile, gently taking it into my lap with a small chuckle.

"You always know when im upset.. thanks for trying to help me." I smiled, soon laying back onto the bed. Checking the time, i quietly sighed and curled unto the sheets.

"I think im just going to get some sleep..."

Ghiacchio's p.o.v.

I stood to the side as i watched (Y/N) begin to drift off, S&T cuddling into her side. I still felt terrible for lying to her.. i had known about her fear of mafiosos, hell, she had told me in confidence once on her break. She trusted me. And i didn't say a word of it to her.. shaking off my thoughts, i turned to the door. Risotto had told us all to meet back in his room once things were settled. With (Y/N) asleep now, i could go without to much worrying for her.

I arrived in a few minutes, noting that i was the last to arrive. Illuso gave me a slight nod before turning back to Risotto, almost like he was sorry for me. I chose to ignore this..

"If we keep having to kill random stand users along the way, this is going to get really bloody. We've got to be more careful." Risotto stated firmly, narrowing his eyes at the others. Peshi frowned, shifting and mumbled under his breath.

"How much more careful can we be? Nobody knew she would be with us or who she is, how did those two even know?" He shook his head, glancing between the others. Nobody had an answer for that.. nobody knew Y/N was the boss' daughter, not even her. How would they have known to attack her? Perhaps..

"Maybe shes being stalked." I stated, crossing my arms with a sigh. It was the only option that made sense at this point. Only someone who was keeping tabs on her could know anything even close to that.. but who was it? And worse, where they still following her? Melone frowned, mildly upset by the thought. (Ironic-)

"Has she dealt with being stalked before? Some clingy ex or something? Cmon, you know her best." He hummed, hoping it wasnt the truth. I didnt know though, since even if she had, (Y/N) hadnt ever told me. It was still nagging at me though.. it had to be someone who knew an odd amount about her or was keeping tabs on her, since nobody could just figure out where she was being taken out of where. Before my thoughts could continue, a piercing scream rang through the halls. My blood ran cold..

That was (Y/N), I just knew it.

Without much of a word, I stood up and rushed out of the room back to the room her and I shared. Ilusso and Risotto got up to follow once it had sent in for them to, wasting no time in going to protect there mission. I reached the door first, grabbing at the handle and trying to open it with the key. It had been jammed, one of the heavy furniture pieces from inside the room lodged up against it.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N) can you hear me?!" I ranted, jiggling the door harder and trying to push it open. All i could hear inside was scuffling and things being tossed around. She was in trouble, I just knew she was being hurt somehow by something. Illuso cursed from behind me, having tried to see if he could enter the room through the mirror realm.

"Someone covered the mirrors, im blocked.. they definitely knew we'd be nearby." He glared at the door, only making me slam on the door harder. It was like I began to zone out, only focusing on getting in. I needed to protect her. It was not only my mission, but I just couldn't live with myself if she got hurt or worse under my care.. as I continued, Pesci had sent the hook of his stand inside to somehow help.

"I got something- hang on!" He mumbled, pulling hard. Something heavy slammed against the wall as he did, followed by the scrambling of something else that also slammed into the wall after a moment. Silence followed and the line soon went slack, almost like it had been cut or disconnected. I never stopped trying to force myself in, the sounds around me becoming almost like static as my mind raced.. whatever had been blocking the door soon got pulled away, letting the door open just enough for a shaking, bloody (Y/N) to stumble out and fall to the floor.

This was really getting out of hand...

________________________

Heyo, i know i haven't been around or updating in a long while. Ive been dealing with alot of personal things and got caught up in it all.

But im back! Thank you all for the continued support and reads, i get excited every time i see a comment or add to a list. From now on, I'll only work and update one story at a time, and for now its this one. Once its finished, I'll move to another. Hope you guys are ready >:]

But seriously, thank you to everyone who comments or reads these. It means the world to me. Take care everyone!

- Skirakaz