ɪɪ

575 BC
Babylon

Chaos ensued. Civilians tried to scram away from the hungry and wild deviants. A thin speck of gold zoomed everywhere indicating the presence of Makkari taking away all humans out of harms way.

Thena leapt and sliced off a deviant's head, smirking in victory at the sight of the gooey blood which made Gale turn away and hold a retch. It was getting easier to differentiate those who enjoyed the thrill of combat from those who preferred combat with less gore.

"Hey that one was mine!" Kingo complained, "Oh never mind." He quickly added, reloading and shooting the energy balls at another.

A small girl tripped to her knees while running away from the gigantic deviant that chased her. She cried in fear at its approaching figure when Ikaris suddenly flew between them, grabbing the deviant's leg and pushing it backwards with his beams allowing Makkari to dash and shoot speedy blows at the it. Gale joined, the deviant shrieking in pain at the blast of wind pulling it apart.

He turned and softly smiled at the trembling girl. He patted her head. "Do not fear." He gently told and leapt off to help elsewhere.

"Quickly! Inside the gates!" The civilians rushed in at Gilgamesh's instruction and the huge brown gates with blue walls beside shut close. The large built man formed a transparent goblet with golden outlines around his arm and took a step ahead, charging the deviant with a bang of his fists.

Gale leaned against the walls and watched the rest battle. The group consisted of Lightning (Makkari), Blueberry (Ikaris), Brick Fist (Gilgamesh) and Spear (Thena). He would have helped but he was too busy awing their combined strength with a wide grin. It was spectacular sight up-close.

"Thanks for the help." Makkari signed sarcastically once the monster was finally defeated.

Gale giggled and rubbed the back of his neck with a shrug. "What? It was nice to see." He mumbled and turned to leave, "Also, Pixie's sarcasm is having an effect on you." He teased and walked off, Makkari smiling at his disappearing figure.

He entered the spaceship hidden within the fortress and made an 'o' shape with his mouth on seeing the blue suit man, Phastos, playing around with a golden projection of some new design.

"What's the new invention Wiz?"

Phastos rolled his eyes and turned around with an exasperated expression. "How many times do I tell you? I am not a wizard. This is Science." He explained for the thousandth or maybe millionth time. Gale lost track by the tenth.

"Could've fooled me." Gale shrugged, grinning widely at Druig sitting at the corner by the glass with a smirk towards the two's back-and-forth banter.

"Hello Mind Player."

Druig's grin widened at the nickname conjoined with the warm smile. "Hello. And how was the fight darling?" Neither knew how it had began but over the course of time, to Druig, 'darling' had stuck with Gale and only him.

As usual, a light pink dusted over the weather manipulator's cheek but he managed to reel in any weather abnormalities. "Great! You should've seen the teamwork. Blast..... well.... He blasted deviants. Blueberry flew around with his usual beams and Spear slashed the deviant in one go. Then Lightning and Brick Fist delivered so many loud and powerful blows!"

Druig nodded, giving Gale his undivided attention and listening with a fond smile. He always loved hearing the childish and cheerful weatherboy especially with how easily he could be impressed despite being a super being. And the glint in his eyes and radiant grin always made it hard for the blue-eyed to divert his gaze away.