ɪx

Collective screams along with the crashing and shattering of woods sprung the two lovers apart. They shared worried looks and quickly got to their feet, rushing off outside. Gale gasped at the sight of Sersi grunting and crawling out the stacks of sharp and heavy wood with great difficulty. He was about to rush into the ambush when he felt a hand tug his wrist. He spun his head to see Druig starting warily at him. He smiled.

"I promise I won't die, Mind Player."

Druig nodded and hesitantly let go of Gale who spun his fingers to form winds which he directed to lift the wood up and help the injured Sersi to her feet. The snarling deviant that approached them backed away in pain at the multiple bullets shooting at it. The fog around the area dispersed to reveal a group of humans all surrounding the deviant, their eyes golden and their arms holding long shotguns which they pulled the trigger to in unison. The deviant growled and swung at them with its tail, a few men yelling before crashing to their deaths.

Druig ran into the scene with a dagger by his hand. He jumped over the swinging tail and dodged the attack. His hand stabbed the dagger deep into the tail causing the deviant to snarl loudly as he rolled onto the ground. He swiftly got back up to his feet and laid low to avoid the attacks, grabbing a gun from the ground and running up the tail. He leapt to the air and shot the back of deviant which roared at him.

Gale cracked his knuckles and increased the strength of the harsh winds. He skillfully whirled them into a tiny tornado and used them to uproot the large tree and levitate them high in the air. "Incoming!" A warn fell off his lips and Druig rolled aside to escape the tree that fell with a great speed. He smirked at the creature locked within the branches of the tree and struggling to escape.

While the weather manipulator continued to force all the powerful gust of winds onto the deviant stuck within the grasp of the tree, Sersi rushed to his lover.

"Druig! Let them go."

"Now is not the time, Sersi." He dismissed sternly but she did not back away and instead gripped him strongly by the shoulders.

"Please. I know you're better than this." She pleaded, "Gale does too."

Druig's eyes stared hard at Sersi, softening ever-so-slightly at his lover's name. He rudely shoved off her shoulders but there was no way that he would ever disappoint nor be the reason for Gale's tears ever again.

The continuous shooting came to an end when he extended his arm out and let go of the control he had over their minds. A man questioned what was going on, puzzled and not recalling. "Go!" Druig commanded in a loud yell so his voice could be heard by all, "Get to the river!" They all did not question and scrammed off.

The deviant had managed to break free from trap of Gale and with much effort, it finally dispersed the wind holding it back by swinging its tail. The Eternal's eyes widened and he grunted at the impact of the heavy tail against his chest. "Gale!" Druig and Sersi called in urgency, rushing to the one who had collided against a tree, snapping it in half.

"Darling, are you alright?" Druig had helped him up and supported him by his arms. Gale smiled weakly in response although his body was definitely wounded a bit.

Sersi and Druig sighed softly but Gale did not share their relief and instead caught the deviant trying to approach them silently. "Look out!" He shouted, pushing himself off of his lover's arms and ignoring the protests. The deviant snarled and ran towards him but it wasn't fast enough to dodge the cloud that had hovered over it and dropped boulder-sized hail over it which had managed to pierce deep into its skin. "Gross." He muttered at the blood splashing over him.

Druig grabbed him by the wrist and the two made their way to fight another group of deviants by the side leaving behind Sersi to deal with the other one.