ɪɪɪ

400 AD
Gupta Empire

Gale and the rest of the Eternals smiled brightly at the man in the front blessing the happy couple of Sersi and Ikaris. The weather controller had tears of joy forming in his eyes, him and Ajak sobbing. Sprite rolled her eyes and held out a handkerchief towards them both in an uninterested facade which they gladly took to wipe their eyes.

"Darling, outside." Druig's hand enclasped Gale's and the taller one looked out, his mouth hanging at the downpour around the temple specifically. Giggling in an embarrassed manner, he concentrated to stop the rain.

He thanked Druig once again before turning his attention back to the happy couple, closing the annoyed Sprite's eyes at them kissing. And all this time, he remained oblivious to the mind controller's undying gaze at him. It wasn't teasing or rough like he had around others. Druig's gaze to Gale was always soft. And so full of love that it bothered Ajak for she knew of the whole, unknown truth.

.

1521 AD
Tenochtitlan

Flames combusted everywhere. Indistinct shouts of men and clamoring of weapon echoed the warred area. Enemies slashed one another, too busy in their own fight to notice the crawling monsters consuming them. Gale put a hand over his mouth to prevent throwing up on Makkari who was speeding around everywhere, carrying him. They reached the inner parts of the forest, the deaf girl placing the dizzy boy down, Thena smirking.

"Where are the others?" Ajak questioned.

"We had to split up." Makkari signed.

"There were a lot more deviants than you mentioned." Gale added, cracking his knuckles. But his tiredness from the fight did not prevent his grin of assurance to Druig's worried expression.

"Well, I'm sure that was a lot of fun for you." Phastos said, snarky.

Thena widely grinned. "It was." An underlying thrill filled her tone. She always did love sparring and she loved winning even more.

Phastos projected a tiny hologram of earth over his palm, only a tiny spot of blue left on the golden earth. "Once the others kill these last Deviants, we will have eliminated them all from the planet." He explained and Gale sighed in relief at the fact that there would no longer be battles.

A series of gunshots altered their attention to the scene ahead of them. The brown-eyed sighed in horror and disapproval at the brutal killings of men. Villagers screamed and ran only to be shot down and die in a bloody manner by the ruthless soldiers who held the machines.

He noticed Druig coming forward to the fire, his eyes already beginning to glow. "Don't." Ajak reprimanded and he listened hesitantly, "We don't interfere in their wars."

"This isn't war. It's genocide. Their weapons have become too deadly." He turned around with disapproval flashing over his usually mischievous orbs, "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea helping them advance, Phastos."

"Technology is a part of their evolutionary process, Druig. It's not exactly something that I can stop." Phastos explained with a shrug of his shoulders.

"No you can't, but I can." Druig raised his voice in frustration that something so simple could be stopped easily by him and yet he had to continue watching from the sidelines.

Gale understood the man all too much. It wasn't without effort that he wasn't brewing up a storm to extinguish the fire. Or perhaps a downpour to cause flood which would distract the mad men from their war. "Stay strong." He went in front of Druig and whispered, the shorter not protesting.