xɪɪɪ

"Why did Sprite go with Ikaris?" Makkari signed, all of them standing still in silence after a while of finally calming down a bit.

"Because she loves him." Gale replied as if it was obvious. The two had been lovesick buddies for a while. Off of everyone's astonished gaze, he raised a brow. "Oh. Did no one but Blast catch up on that?"

"He really fooled us, didn't he?" Kingo sighed, "Karun let's go."

Phastos perked his head up from the ground. "Wait, where the hell are you going?" He sharply asked.

"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right." Kingo shook his head.

"So, that's it huh? Just gonna follow him?" Phastos scoffed.

"I love the people of this planet.
But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem." He firmly declared his view and glanced around, "But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs."

Makkari shook her head in disbelief and went beside him, gripping his shoulder. "We need you." She signed to him, in hopes of changing his mind.

"Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris." Kingo said in sorrow and walked off, turning around with tears in his eyes.

Gale gave him a small smile. At least the actor was still being loyal and not turning against them unlike the other two. "Promise to teach me some acting on the next planet?" He joked.

Kingo released a horrific sound that was a mixture of a chuckle and a sob. It was hard to tell which was which. "Cross my heart and hope to die." He flashed them another nod and left out to the hallways.

"Thank you for all you've done for humanity. It's been a great honor. I will miss you all." Karun wished in Hindi, sniffling. Druig closed his eyes and nodded as if telling the jolly man that the feelings were mutual. With another sniffle, even he had walked off to follow Kingo.

"Look," Druig spoke up through the depressing atmosphere, "if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan."

Gale bit his lip hating it. He understood that it was the truth and that they needed to rely on their brains not their emotions but it hurt his heart to even imagine his lover dead. He clutched the edge of the mind controller's jacket unconsciously and closed his eyes in a calm manner when Druig leaned and pressed his lips on his forehead.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so...." Phastos trailed off, beginning to run out of ideas.

"Is it a bad time to mention that Midas turned a deviant into a tree?" Gale murmured, his questioned answered when Phastos's eyeballs almost dropped out of their sockets.

"I'm sorry what?" He looked to the lady with a glimmer of hope, shock and offense. "You didn't wanna tell me that?"

"You've never been able to do it before." Makkari recalled Sersi's constant reminders of being unable to change sentient beings.

"I don't know how it happened, okay?" Sersi shook head, not even a little amount confidence in herself, "And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again."

Phastos scoffed, voice going octaves higher at the urgency of the situation. "Well, now is the time to try, don't you think?"

"Phastos, that Deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not to kill it. I can't kill a Celestial." She stated, still remaining stubborn.

"Sersi." Gale could tell that the inventor was trying his best not to burst out of stress and frustration. "Sersi." He repeated and clapped his hands together.

Sersi vigorously shook her head and stood to her feet. "WE CAN'T!!" She raised her voice which echoed shocking the others who instantly quietened. "We can't." She echoed again, lower.

"It's okay, Sersi. I got this." Druig assured firmly although he was anything but brave and confident and his lover's soft smiles and laced fingers were all that were keeping him from snapping too.

.

Several minutes passed and no one had the energy to fool around as they usually did. Druig lay his head on Gale's thighs, grinning at the curly-haired playing with his hair. Makkari signed to the interested and curious Gale about how she had found the emerald tablet and Phastos continued to try and find a breakthrough for the bracelets.

"Yes!" He suddenly shouted breaking the quiet and peaceful atmosphere. "Bucket-head, go to Sersi right now! Tell her that....." He rambled it all and before the confused Gale could repeat it again, he had already been shooed.

Rolling his eyes, he ran off to different corners of the spaceship to try and find the missing and upset lady. "Midas! Midas!" He finally spotted her with Thena and ran to them, panting slightly. "Uh, Midas..... we need you...."

"I already gave that speech." Thena proudly stated, putting her hands up to stop him and he responded with yet another confused expression. What was with everyone around him speaking in weird vague words?

"What? Huh?" Gale decided not to get distracted and turned to the main person he was 'kindly' ordered to bring. "Midas...." He bit his lips, forgetting whatever he had been explained. "Uh..... sphere... and UniMind!"

"What?" Sersi breadth.

To his relief, Phastos had rushed in to the scene. "Finally found you. Your lover could tell you were panicking and confused as always, bucket-head. He's right." He panted and hit Gale's head.

"Whose fault is that, Wiz?" He grumbled, rubbing his head but the other did not pay attention and turned to Sersi with hopeful eyes.

"Sersi, the sphere inside of you, it creates a connection between you and Arishem. Maybe I can repurpose it and create a connection between all of us and that can activate the UniMind."

"Great." She nodded.

"But....um..." he pursed his lips and pointed at her, "I have to take it out of you." At her agreement, he massaged his hands nervously and pointed his finger towards her.

"Don't kill her." Thena sternly commanded, getting an exasperated expression from Phastos and a giggle from Gale.

"Do it." Sersi firmly told and Phastos nodded, taking another deep breadth and pointing his fingers to her once again. And he was not interrupted for the second time. The part above Sersis's chest glowed as the man attracted out Ajak's sphere from within her.

"Will it work?" She asked.

Phastos dispersed the outer layers of the sphere and gasped. "It has to." Was his short but sure reply.

A/N-Okay, I'm trying to make Gale a more relatable character with his anxious nerves and distracted mind rather than a powerful, fearless warrior

A/N-Okay, I'm trying to make Gale a more relatable character with his anxious nerves and distracted mind rather than a powerful, fearless warrior. Frankly, I kinda like silly characters.