ᴠɪɪ

Nighttime fell upon the area and the group continued to gather in the dining table. Several candles were lit and placed atop the centre of the wooden table. Sersi had revealed all that she had learnt from Arishem. The past. Their home planet nonexistent. Their memories removed and rebooted continuously. The destroying of planets to birth celestial beings.

No one found it in themselves to think properly and Gale almost felt suffocated. Ajak's death was a rough blow to him and the entire news frustrated him. He missed his simple life without any much complications. And the fact that he was still thinking about a certain powerful mind controller despite trying his best to forget was salt to the wound.

"So, you're saying we're basically fancy robots?" Kingo finally broke the silence and repeated all that he heard, "And our past memories are stored somewhere in space?"

"And Arishem made the deviants." Sersi confirmed it all.

"I'm sorry Thena. You tried to warn us." Gilgamesh sighed in guilt, his expression sorrowed.

"The last time Ruby Celestial reset Spear's memory, something must have gone wrong." Gale muttered.

"What do you mean?" Kingo asked, still not properly comprehending.

"Well, that's what Mahd Wy'ry is, isn't it?" Sprite said like it was obvious, "All this time, Thena was remembering all the other planets we were sent to and everyone dying during the emergence."

"I thought we were heroes, turns out we're the bad guys." The voice of Gilgamesh was grave.

"We're not the bad guys okay?" Kingo tried to see the positive side which was tiny, "We've helped the Celestials expand life across the universe. That's not what bad guys do. That's what good guys do."

"Every time innocent lives have been sacrificed for the greater good, it turns out to be a mistake." Sersi mused, "We have to stop the emergence."

"Sersi, we have no right to stop the birth of a Celestial." Kingo stated.

"There has to be a way Tiamut can emerge without destroying the Earth." Sersi was not convinced and off of the fact that they had no idea how to do so, she added, "We just have to delay it until we figure out how."

"Could Druig control its mind? Maybe put it to sleep?"

Gale stiffened at Gilgamesh's suggestion and the mention of the man he once loved. The man he still loved despite all the centuries that had gone by. A chilly wind ventilated the entire room and extinguished the candles. Sighing, he cleared his throat and excused himself to get the matches.

No one reprimanded him. They did not blame him either. It wasn't a secret that Gale's bond with Druig was different to that they had with the rest. It was obvious by their smiles and their gazes. They had not been just two good friends.

"Put it to sleep? Can that even happen?" Gale wondered aloud, sliding the matchsticks against the box and alighting the candles bringing light to the dark room.

"Gilgamesh asked him to put me to sleep once." Thena stated, refraining from using the name.

Gilgamesh chuckled lightly. "So I could take a vacation to Fiji, you know?" He justified himself.

"We're talking about a celestial, okay?" Kingo emphasized every word of his sentence.

"We have to try. Come on, we're not gonna let everyone on Earth die, right?" Sersi questioned daringly.