Chapter 12

Jess

Mac's chiseled jaw practically hits the floor. I fully expect him to laugh in my face and then quickly run away from me but instead he just scoffs, the sound rippling deep from his throat, which I now realize I'm staring at.

I snap out of my weird trance and draw my attention slowly back up to his face.

"You're kidding right?"

I thought I saw a hint of alarm in his eyes, but it quickly dissipated into his cool, sharp features.

"Nope. You need to kiss me so Landon can see I've kissed someone," I state as if it's the most normal thing in the world to demand your guy friend to kiss you.

If Mac can even be classified as that.

The guy who I enjoy spending time with, and is definitely not hard on the eyes. God why the fuck am I doing this to myself?

"I'm not a show pony Jess, you can't just demand I kiss you! Why don't you just kiss Landon?" he is so casually leaning against the locker that it's making me uneasy.

I freeze as I notice Landon lingering at the end of the hall, his eyes sweeping over our exchange.

"Pleaaaaaase, I know it's crazy, its just..." I look up at him, faking a pleading expression.

His hard stare does not budge, and it still doesn't leave his face when he pushes up to his full height and walks away, slinging his backpack around his shoulder.

Fuck. I'm so stupid. So fucking stupid.

I shouldn't have pushed this, I rather have Mac as a friend than have Landon at all, and now I'm left hanging, standing alone like a loser. I shake my head out of my daze, needing to get my shit together.

I should not be acting on my crazy ideas, it's too impulsive and dumb.

I walk to my locker further down the hall, and start organizing my books. I look in the silver mirror on my locker door and start applying my clear, strawberry lipgloss.

My locker door is forcefully slammed shut, startling me. I whip my head around, turning to see who is behind me.

Mac's hand is on my closed locker door right beside my shoulder.

"What the-" and before I can finish my sentence Mac moves his hand to my chin to tilt my mouth up to his. I track his movements like a hawk.

He leans down and just before his lips meet mine his voice is a breathy whisper, and his green eyes search mine, "I changed my mind, is that ok?"

"Yea-h," I stutter, embarrassingly weak from how close he is to me. His eyes flick to my lips and my breath staggers in my throat.

Warm lips suddenly crash to mine, warmth and mint completely overtaking my senses. I freeze in surprise but realize Mac-fucking-Griffin is kissing me and I move onto my tip-toes to kiss him back.

His hard chest keeps me pinned against the wall of lockers, and I feel one of his hands slowly trail down to cup my waist. I'm pleasantly surprised by how happy that singular motion made me feel.

I kiss him back harder and brush my hand against his bicep. I get absolutely lost in the way Mac feels kissing me, and I found it was easier said than done to pull away from him.

I was the first to break away, my hand still lingering on his toned arms and I'm completely enthralled by how his big hands feel on my body.

His hands slackened their grip on my me, and weirdly I immediately want him to hold and touch me again.