Kidnapped

As I ran, I hid behind buildings to shield myself from the people that Din had warned me about. My heart was racing and I felt a constant need to look over my shoulder, terrified that someone was watching my every move. Finally, I got to the the edge of the city, the buildings distorting into swamp covered trees. I jumped at the noise of shots thundering in the distance and raised my blaster.

The sounds of footsteps behind me caused me to turn around in alarm. One of the bandits stood before me. He was a tall, thin man with greasy black hair and a crooked grin plastered on his face.

"Where do you think you're going, little lady?" he said.

I raised my weapon, my hands shaking. "Don't come near me," I warned.

"You're riding with Mando, aren't you? You must be important if he sent you away from all the action."

He started to walk towards me. I held my ground and raised the gun even higher, trying to steady my hands. "I said, don't come near me."

"I'm not going to hurt you. I just wanna... have a little chat." In an instant he lifted his rifle and shot my blaster out of my hand. A small squeal escaped my mouth and I ran towards the trees as fast as my legs would carry me.

Before I could reach them, two different men came at me and grabbed my arms. I yelped, struggling to fend them off. Din was deep in fighting hand to hand combat just a few meters away, but the space between us might as well have been miles. Breaking his rule of never saying his name in front of others, I yelled, "Din! Din!" as one of the men threw me over his shoulder. I kicked and screamed, trying to get him to drop me so I could escape. Din had heard me and was trying to make his way over to my position, but a whipcord launcher tangled his feet together and he fell.

They dragged me into the swamp, clearly annoyed at how much I was fighting them. One of the men grabbed a tool wrench and I crawled backwards to try and get away, but I wasn't quick enough. He struck me in the head and the whole world went dark.