Another

Maker, I need a drink, I thought. The repairs were finally done after three long hours of work and since Din wasn't back yet, I believed I deserved a treat. 

After stepping out of the Razor Crest and strolling across the square, loud music coming from an open door grasped my attention. I walked in, excited patrons were chatting, the sound of pouring drinks and glasses clinking, and strobe lights of all different colors filled the air. I sat at the counter, and ordered a spice brew. The bartender gave me a tumbler full of amber liquid and cream foam and I guzzled it, quickly. Warmth filled by body as my head started to spin.

 "Please, get the lady another," a voice said next to me. A handsome man with blonde hair and piercing blue eyes put down some credits on the table and the bartender did as he said, making me a second drink. 

"Are we celebrating?" he asked me.

"Just finished a long days work. I don't know if you'd call that cause for celebration, but I'm here, anyway." 

"That's cause enough in my book. My name's Rudy. What do you do for work?"

"I'm Viv, I'm a mechanic," I said.

"No way. I'm a mechanic, too. Carry my kit around and everything." He patted a container joined at his hip. "See that old Y-Wing out there?" He pointed out the door at a silver and yellow model. "That baby's mine. Takes me where I need to go, whenever I need." 

"She's beautiful," I replied. "But, how do you deal with the engine drag?"

"I modified her for long range travel. Added new cooling coils, tripled the power cells, the works. She even has a de-icing system incase things gets too hot."

I was impressed. "That's actually really cool." 

Rudy extended his hand out to me. "Would you like to dance?" After a few moments of consideration, I nodded and joined him on the dance floor. I was awkward at first, not knowing what to do, but he pulled me close and placed my arms around his neck. My cheeks turned rosy and I smiled at him as we swayed to the rhythm of the beat.

Abruptly, the music stopped as all views turned towards the doorway. Din's silhouette casted a shadow over the room. 

"Viv, were leaving, now," he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me away. 

"Hey, man, she's not with you," Rudy said, clearly annoyed.

Din scoffed. "Buzz off, boy. Don't say anything you'll regret later." His hand caressed his blaster as Rudy retreated into the corner, a terrified look in his eye. We left without another word.