Chapter 2

Day 2

They walked hand in hand towards the Powell Estate.

Rose was excited, she had not seen Jackie in over a month and granted, although that woman had a strong character and sometimes it would get stuffy around her, she was still her mother. They were just about to enter the building when Rose stopped, eyeing the Doctor fiercely.

„Five quid to whomever makes it first?" she wiggled her brows.

„You dare challenge me?" the Doctor smiled, already taking off.

„That's cheating!" she yelled from behind, now running up the stairs.

She finally managed to reach the door to her old flat, sweating and panting. She pressed her palms against the wall for sustain, then looked to her right. The Doctor was leaning on his right side, arms crossed and grinning. He didn't even break a sweat!

„One day." Rose shook her head. „One day, you'll see."

Hearing the commotion outside her apartment, Jackie flung the door open to peek. „Blimey!" she said. „Is there something trying to kill us again?"

„Only the testosterone of this one." Rose hit the Doctor's arm then jumped to embrace Jackie. „Hey, mum."

„Hi, sweetheart. Cuppa tea?"

Once inside, Jackie grabbed the Doctor, pressing a long kiss on his cheek. „You're not getting anywhere, you're not." she then hugged him too.

The Doctor grimaced, wiping the sticky lipstick off his face. He stuck his tongue out, now running his ‚infected' hand over his suit.

Rose sat down on the couch, but as she did so, something pinched her bum. She shifted slightly to grab the culprit. Two keys.

„Those are Howey's." Jackie placed three cups of steaming tea on the table.

„What? Howey from the barbershop? Wasn't he married?"

„Well, he's divorced now. His wife up and left."

„Did his kids also divorce him?" Rose took a sip from her tea. Just the way she liked it, two sugars and a splash of milk.

„How should I know?" Jackie shot her a look. „Tell you what though, Barbara goes missing, then three days later she returns with no idea of what happened." she looked at the Doctor.

„What are you staring at me for?" he furrowed his brows.

„Well, I don't know. Isn't it suspicious though? No memories. No nothing. I think it was aliens." Jackie shrugged.

„You can't blame the Doctor for everything bad that happens, mum." Rose lay back in the couch.

„I'm not blaming him. I'm asking if he knows anything."

„I don't." the Doctor replied. „Sorry, Jackie. Might be just a case of amnesia. Just plain, boring, human amnesia."

„Like aliens don't get amnesia." the woman scoffed.

As he was about to respond, the door to the entrance opened.

„Mikey!" Rose stood suddenly to embrace the idiot. „Oh, I've missed you!"

„Missed you too, babe." he said before shifting to the Time Lord. „Doctor."

„Sorry, do I know you?" the Doctor tilted his head slightly.

„Haha, very funny." Mickey raised a brow, then sat on the couch. „Can I have one of those too?" he pointed at the tea.

„Coming up." Jackie replied.